Page 1 of 1
Wiki down?
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:56 am
by Baldrake
Anyone know if the wiki is down? I've been unable to access it since Saturday AM.
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:17 am
by Clay
I've been able to access it off and on (er, maybe it's browser cache). Looks down now.
If there are problems hosting it, I have webspace and bandwidth I'd be willing to donate (very nice hosting company, very little downtime).
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:55 am
by LordMyth
Yeah I had the same problem yesterday, and it still doesn't seem to work!!! HELP!
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:39 pm
by Van
Still down.
Anyone know who's WIKI software is being used for the Ogre Wiki and where to get it? I would like to add a Wiki to our internal site.
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:23 pm
by haffax
It uses
MediaWiki. Very easy to install and use. Needs PHP4 and mysql 4.x.
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:28 pm
by Clay
Yeah, I love MediaWiki (and Wikipedia). Is Antiarc the one who is hosting it currently? I'd be willing to provide either full hosting (I'll give someone FTP+MySQL access, stable server) or a read-only backup for times when its down.
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:00 pm
by sinbad
I've been meaning to get the wiki made official and the downtime has spurred me into asking Antiarc about organising it, watch this space.
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:32 pm
by Antiarc
Yes, it was down this weekend. Apache went down sometime Saturday, and I wasn't really home to check it. It's since been remedied with a simple Apache restart.
Anyway, we're likely going to move the Wiki to the Ogre site, so it'll be moving anyhow. =)
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:07 pm
by :wumpus:
I don't think moving it to the slow sourceforge server is any better than hosting it on your home pc.
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:09 pm
by haffax
The Ogre homepage/forum is more responsive than the ogrewiki lately. It is only a small leap, but a leap nevertheless.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm
by Antiarc
Heh, it's not exactly a home PC - I've got it on a dedicated webserver, which is on dual T1 lines, on a nightly backup, and is protected by both a UPS and a diesel-powered backup generator. Now I just need to put together a cron job to restart apache if it can't connect. =)