When i try to use the .scene converter i get this:
What have i done?
- compiled ogrenew and dotsceneoctree from the newest cvs
- copied ogre.mesh and robot.mesh to the dotsceneoctree\Tools\ExampleSceneConverter\bin\release folder
- downloaded TestData.zip and also placed TestLevel.zip from this into the release folder
- Made batch with: "SceneConvert MyScene.scene"
run it --> fails.
I should get a MyScene.bin now.. but it doesn't work
The test zip from the link in the tutorial needs to be replaced...
Though, you can still use it... In MyScene.scene edit it so it reflects newer scene format (perhaps I will make the parser case insensitive - though, i left it as it was before, only updated it):
change meshfile to meshFile, change colour_diffuse to colourDiffuse..
change colour_specular to colourSpecular.
That should be all you need to change for you to be able to run it through the converter. I will try to add some more checks to the converter so that these errors might be easily identifiable in the future.
pjcast wrote:The test zip from the link in the tutorial needs to be replaced...
Though, you can still use it... In MyScene.scene edit it so it reflects newer scene format (perhaps I will make the parser case insensitive - though, i left it as it was before, only updated it):
change meshfile to meshFile, change colour_diffuse to colourDiffuse..
change colour_specular to colourSpecular.
That should be all you need to change for you to be able to run it through the converter. I will try to add some more checks to the converter so that these errors might be easily identifiable in the future.
colour_diffuse is right (for the converter, not for the dotscene-dtd), you only need to change meshfile to meshFile. I stumbled over the same problem yesterday...