Page 1 of 1

RenderSystem_Direct3D7 run-time error

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:31 pm
by Lucky_Luciano
When trying to build a simple test-application I keep getting this strange error when running the program:
Image

There are no compilation errors.

I compiled Ogre both in Debug and Release mode without a problem, I read the official getting-started tutorial and the Wiki, found out about OrgeMain_d.lib but I'm not sure what I can do to solve this error.

I didn't find any threads on this on the forum so I guess it's me that's doing something wrong but, to be honnest, I'm clueless at the moment (not sure what Directx7 is doing there).

This is my setup:
- Visual Studio 7.1
- Latest Ogre build 1.0
- DirectX 9.0 SDK (December release)

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:59 pm
by :wumpus:
Remove the reference to the D3D7 plugin from plugins.cfg, and you get rid of this.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:13 am
by Lucky_Luciano
Thanks for the help.
When I remove the line, the error goes away but then he complains about the other plugins too.

Just to be sure we are on the same track here, this is what's in my plugin.cfg file:

Code: Select all

# Defines plugins to load

# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=.

# Define plugins
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D7
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX
Plugin=Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_CgProgramManager
My .exe is located in D:\Ogre\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Debug as well as the plugin.cfg file (and all other necessary files).

The program runs when removing all the plugins from plugin.cfg but then I can't choose a "render subsystem" in the Ogre splash-screen.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:28 am
by sinbad
Did you batch build the solution to make sure everything is built?

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:17 pm
by Lucky_Luciano
I did build it in Debug and Release modes seperatly but I cleaned everything and did a full batch build to be sure. After that I got some "assert" errors.
This couldn't be right so I deleted everything, reinstalled Ogre, did a full batch-build....and now it works like a charm :)
Apparently I did something wrong during my first installation (still not sure what though...)

Thanks for the help!