Page 1 of 1

Cross platformness

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 pm
by lonewolff
Hi Guys,

Been ages since I have been around these parts. :oops:

And I am now ready to go cross-platform. 8)

I know building under Linux and Mac are pretty easy. But, how hard is it, these days, to compile for iPad and Android (as I have never attempted this)?

I know you'd have to pay your $99 to Apple to become a dev. Just wondering about the actual compilation process.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Cross platformness

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:07 pm
by tod
lonewolff wrote:I know you'd have to pay your $99 to Apple to become a dev
Don't you have to pay like 9999.99 for a Mac also?

Re: Cross platformness

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 pm
by c6burns
About 600 bucks for the cheapest mac mini. Building for Android is very simple once you learn how the NDK works. Building for iOS looks pretty simple ... I haven't paid my 99$ yet for the cert though.

Re: Cross platformness

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:59 am
by Zonder
I though the stuff was free until you want to publish.

Re: Cross platformness

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:25 am
by TheSHEEEP
Nope, it isn't. 99$, even if you just want to debug.
Apple's development policy is very .... let's call it income oriented ;)