Error beginning frame..

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
ritz
Gnoblar
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 am

Error beginning frame..

Post by ritz »

Hello All,

I was testing CEGUI standard demo's based upon Ogre technology.

I found one bug during that

Steps to reproduce
a) Execute standard demo - 7 ( available at CE's site)
b) Remove focus from applciation
c) wait for some time ( 5-10) min
d) regain focus to the applciation

Application will crash with following error.

An Exception have occured

-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: -2005532222
Function: D3DRenderSystem::_beginFrame
Description: Error beginning frame..
File: C:\Ogre\ogrenew\RenderSystems\Direct3D7\src\OgreD3D7Rend erSystem.cpp
Line: 1385
Stack unwinding: D3DRenderSystem::_beginFrame(..) <- <<beginning of stack>>



can any body please tell me the cause of bug

rgds,
Ritz
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Sounds like a device lost issue. What version are you using? I put some device recovery code in RC1 but hit a bizarre problem with restoration that no-one in the DirectX newsgroup seems to know the answer to, so it's parked until I can figure out what the hell D3D is doing.
ritz
Gnoblar
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 am

begining frame

Post by ritz »

Hello,

I am using Ogre 0.0.0.15 and DirectX 9.0.


rgds,
Ritz
User avatar
monster
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by monster »

I am using Ogre 0.0.0.15 and DirectX 9.0.
Blimey, that's an old version of Ogre!

Or do you mean 0.15.0?

If so, update to 1.0.0RC1 to get sinbad's changes, which might help to some degree.

[edit]Oh, and I've just noticed that you're using the D3D7 render system, does the same thing happen on D3D9?[/edit]
ritz
Gnoblar
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 am

Error beginning frame..

Post by ritz »

sorry my mistake 0 it is ogre-win32-v0-15-0.

I have tries D3D9 render system also.

Same issues still persists.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

.. and it won't get fixed unless you update to Azathoth. Device restores are included in D3D9 but I still have a bizarre issue that transparency calls get silently ignored by D3D9 after the restore. No idea why, no errors anywhere even in full debug runtime mode. Bloody D3D and it's bloody stupid lost devices. (/me hugs GL)
Post Reply