What to download?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
Evo
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: Ozark, Missouri
Contact:

What to download?

Post by Evo »

I'm just getting into open source programs, and I was wondering what exactly I needed to download from the main sight. I have a vague idea what a CVS is, and I don't think I'll need that, but what WILL I need?

Also, I'm new to using VC++ 6 (I've used Dev-Cpp in the past) and would like to know where to put the files to be included.

I'm going to be using this (if all goes to plan) for game programming.

Thanks much in advance!
User avatar
monster
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by monster »

Evo
Gnoblar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: Ozark, Missouri
Contact:

Post by Evo »

Thanks much, Monster!
User avatar
charlie
Greenskin
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:43 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by charlie »

I'm just getting into open source programs, and I was wondering what exactly I needed to download from the main sight. I have a vague idea what a CVS
Well, perhaps you should think of using the stable release, especially if you are new.
You can find it in the download area under source releases.
If you are on windows, you'll need the dependencie files, too.
In general, CVS Versions of projects sometimes may have problems, since they are in development. But, if you want it, they are always the bleeding edge of technology. So it's up to you, what you prefer.

Welcome to ogre..., you'll love it ;)
Post Reply