Missing zlib1.dll (v.1.0.0rc)

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
Rhone
Kobold
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:37 pm

Missing zlib1.dll (v.1.0.0rc)

Post by Rhone »

I am trying to update my application to the stable release of ogre 1.0.0 rc. My application now compiles, but when it runs it crashes looking for zlib1.dll. I tried running the precompiled exes for the ogre samples and they bomb with the same error as well. I have no such dll, and to my knowlege ogre is linking with zlib as a static library. So why is it looking for this dll?
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

It's distributed with both the Dependencies download and the precompiled demos. It's the latest version of zlib which links as a dll by default. If your precompiled demos don't work maybe you deleted or moved it - it's definitely in the archive.
Rhone
Kobold
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:37 pm

Post by Rhone »

Alright, I found it thanks. While I'm at it, I am now encountering another dll link issue. Now my application cannot find the procedure entry point "op_new_vc@MemoryManager@Ogre@@AAEPAXII@Z". It's acting like I have the wrong version of the dll. However, I'm certain this dll was the one produced by my rebuild of the OgreMain project. The same dll works fine with the sample applications.

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Link errors just evade me sometimes.
User avatar
neocryptek
Gnome
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:21 pm
Location: Idaho, USA
Contact:

Post by neocryptek »

Sounds like your trying to link a debug app to a release dll of ogremain.

Debug dll of ogremain was changed to ogremain_d.dll a few versions back, perhaps you havent changed that in your project linker settings?

-N30
Rhone
Kobold
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:37 pm

Post by Rhone »

Well, the debug input .lib for Ogremain is now called Ogremain_d.lib, but the dll is still being exported as Ogremain.dll right? If I rename the Ogremain.dll the application bombs looking for it without the "_d". I noticed, when compiling Ogremain, I received several warnings like this one:

zziplibd.lib(err.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc70.pdb' was not found with '..\..\..\Dependencies\lib\Debug\zziplibd.lib' or at 'c:\Ogre3d\OgreMain\lib\Debug\vc70.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

and similar warnings for freetype219MT_D.lib as well. Is it possible since the compiler is choking on these libs that it is somehow disabling the debugging info for the whole Ogremain.dll causing the final executable to bomb? I'm grasping for straws now. I'm certain that it's a debug app and a debug Ogremain dll. I can run the application outside the compiler and still get the same dll entry error.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Rhone wrote:Well, the debug input .lib for Ogremain is now called Ogremain_d.lib, but the dll is still being exported as Ogremain.dll right?

Wrong. It's called OgreMain_d.dll and is built that way.

I think you're still mixing debug and release mode binaries. Check all your build paths and where you're putting the dlls. Check how the samples do it.
Post Reply