Page 1 of 1

Solution for iOS Terrain in 1.9.x

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:21 am
by petrocket
I'm interested in getting some kind of terrain working on iOS - cross platform really, and have noted the other posts stating OpenGL ES2 does not allow reading back textures so the new terrain doesn't work AND the old terrain (TerrainSceneManager) has been removed from 1.8+ so I'm interested in attempting to fix the Terrain Component.

At first glance, it looks to me like the only places the Terrain component reads from texture buffers is in Terrain::copyBlendTextureChannel() - is there somewhere else that it tries to do stuff OpenGL ES2 doesn't allow? I'm thinking maybe at least trying to disable that functionality at first to at least get it working without blending support.

Thoughts?

Re: Solution for iOS Terrain in 1.9.x

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:17 am
by c6burns
AFAIK a solution was implemented and the Terrain component should work on iOS. I am using it on Android right now and I'll be using it on iOS when I get around to building for that platform.

Re: Solution for iOS Terrain in 1.9.x

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:54 pm
by petrocket
Awesome! I didn't see that it had been made compatible. Thanks!