Page 1 of 1
Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:04 am
by Crhonos
I have been strugling to get Ogre to work in Mac OS, I already have it working in Linux and Windows built from the source.
However, with Mac Os the story is different...
I'm now trying to get it working with the pre built SDK,
The cmake script for Mac OS X is broken, specifically, in the Cmakelist.txt in for the sample browser:
" CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/Users/fernandogomes/GE3DDependencies/OgreSDK/Samples/Browser/CMakeLists.txt:358:
Parse error. Function missing ending ")". Instead found bad character with text "[". "
That happens with cmake 3.0 by the way
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 pm
by Wudex
Same here with cmake 3.0.0 on arch linux, but I don't get this error on Debian with cmake 2.8.9-1, so I suspect that the Samples/Browser/CMakeLists.txt does simply not play well with cmake 3.0.0
Edit: yes, this seems to be a problem with the cmake version. I think it could possibly be related to
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/re ... tml#syntax, but I'm not sure about it.
A pull request for a possible fix is pending, see
https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... e-419/diff. Not sure if that works as intended, but it definitely stops cmake from throwing errors at you.
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 pm
by Klaim
Ah yes I've proposed this quickfix because CMake 3.0 did point this problem on Windows, but I couldn't check if it was actually CMake 3.0 or all CMake.
Anyway the quickfix is simple so it should not be a big problem. This patch seems to work for me as I compiled all Ogre projects and run them with no problems (except expected runtime crashes). I didn't try it outside Windows/Visual Studio so there might be trouble somewhere else but the change should be obvious. Maybe a CMake expert could take a look see if it's actually really equivalent.
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:47 am
by soldans
Just want to confirm that the same problem occurs for me in CMake 3.0.0 on windows.
The quickfix seems to work though, thx.

Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 pm
by Klaim
Did someone tried the patch with CMake 2.x? It would help merging the fix if you can confirm that it works too.
Otherwise I'll try it later (I'm in the middle of a lot of things).