Direct3D device

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Post Reply
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Direct3D device

Post by lonewolff »

Hi Guys,

I am about to start on a huge project, making an Ogre extension for Game Maker: Studio.

The only thing I need to get me started is this question. :)

If the Direct3D device is known, can I get Ogre to use this? I know that you can attach Ogre to a particular window no problems. But, can you get Ogre to use a pre-setup DX renderer?

I know that the DX9c sub-version will be the same so compatibility wont be an issue.

Any help would be absolutely awesome 8)
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Re: Direct3D device

Post by lonewolff »

Very quiet in here these days. :?

I am guessing that I'll have to download the source and modify the DX9 renderer. Am I right?
amartin
Halfling
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:55 am
Location: Norway
x 13

Re: Direct3D device

Post by amartin »

It looks like the D3D9DeviceManager has a set device function. If you can figure out how to get hold of it from the render system you should be able to set it to what you want.

http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/api/1.9/clas ... nager.html
User avatar
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6

Re: Direct3D device

Post by lonewolff »

Nice! Thanks for that.

void Ogre::D3D9DeviceManager::setActiveDevice

I'll have a play and see if this will do the job 8)
Post Reply