Page 1 of 1

Xorexis tutorial pack 2: Needs updating

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:06 pm
by EGD Eric
Can someone please update this in the wiki? In the tutorial, it tells you to do something to get terrain in. The terrain shows up, but not the way we want it, so the tutorial goes on to say: "change these values in the terrain.cfg file: scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ", though I have tried this in Ogre v1.0.0, and it hasn't made any difference, This is probably because the format of terrain.cfg has changed in version 1.0.0.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:49 pm
by Baldrake
I listed the necessary deltas here. This was for the Hastur release of Ogre, and if I recall there was one trivial change still required to go to Ogre 1.0: when you are creating the water plane, you now need an extra parameter:

Code: Select all

	MeshManager::getSingleton().createPlane(
		"WaterPlane", "WaterPlanes",    // Added new 'group name' parameter
		nWaterPlane,
		8000, 8000,
		20, 20,
		true, 1,
		10, 10,
		Vector3::UNIT_Z
	);
You'd be doing the community a service if you updated the tutorial on the wiki. ;)

Also, I will plug my own wiki updates by pointing you to this documentation on the terrain.cfg file.

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:07 pm
by sinbad
I've updated both parts of the tutorial. But if you see something wrong, just fix it! That's what the Wiki is for.