DDS, D3D11 renderSystem and Intel Hd
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 pm
Hi,
I'm using the D3D11 Render System and I'm having troubles with DDS textures and the Intel HD hardware.
The facts (I'm talking about RAM, not VRAM) :
I've spent the whole day looking for the cause of the completely crazy memory usage of the DDS files when using"_loadDDS", and I still have no clue.
I'm so desperate that now I'll surely work on fixing the DDS texture loading with the "loadImage" function, but I'm not satisfied with that.
Thanks for any hint !
I'm using the D3D11 Render System and I'm having troubles with DDS textures and the Intel HD hardware.
The facts (I'm talking about RAM, not VRAM) :
- With tga textures, when I reach the main menu of my game, the memory usage is around 600 MB, as I'm pre-loading almost all textures of the game to avoid long loading time between levels.
- With dds DXT5 textures, the memory usage reaches 1200 MB !
Any level fails to load - Hacking the render system, disabling the call of D3D11Texture::_loadDDS and using the standard "loadImage" function, the memory usage is around 250 MB, witch is better. But the textures have some artifacts (inverted colours, bad pixel alignment, etc).
I've spent the whole day looking for the cause of the completely crazy memory usage of the DDS files when using"_loadDDS", and I still have no clue.
I'm so desperate that now I'll surely work on fixing the DDS texture loading with the "loadImage" function, but I'm not satisfied with that.
Thanks for any hint !