ogre and devc++?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
rogerdv
Gnome
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 10:43 pm
Location: Cuba
x 1
Contact:

ogre and devc++?

Post by rogerdv »

Has somebody here created some project in DevCpp? Right now i have found that VC .net is a bit stupid and gives lot of errors in places that works perfectly under linux. Can somebody point me to some place where i can get the dependencies for DevCpp?
User avatar
Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: ogre and devc++?

Post by Lucky_Luciano »

rogerdv wrote:Has somebody here created some project in DevCpp? Right now i have found that VC .net is a bit stupid and gives lot of errors in places that works perfectly under linux. Can somebody point me to some place where i can get the dependencies for DevCpp?
Not sure about DevCpp but Visual Studio .Net works wonderful here. I must admit: I had some trouble compiling Ogre in the beginning but, now that I think about it, this was entirely my fault...

Perhaps you can elaborate what those errors are in VC .net?
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

OGRE is supported out of the box on VC6, VC7.0 and VC7.1, and will work on VC8 with some work but that's not officially supported until it's out of beta.
flich
Gnoblar
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:51 pm
Contact:

Post by flich »

Supposivly, cygwin can work for ogre3d, so maybe try that but as sinbad said before vc 6.0, 7.0, and 7.1 works. VC 8.0 beta works (I got it to work). Also mingw by itself works but I think you have to modified some source, I am really not sure. So I would go with that. VC Toolkit may or may not work, I dont think anyone has compiled ogre3d on it yet.
Matthew/Flich
Programmer/Leader - Indrik Game Development (http://www.rpgdw.com)
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

Cygwin+mingw works, there's a topic about it called 'Official mingw dependencies', do a search :). There are no source code changes needed on the current ogre release.
Post Reply