error compiling samples (linux)

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
pilsna
Gnoblar
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

error compiling samples (linux)

Post by pilsna »

hi
I have managed to build all of Ogre except for the samples.
It seems to be a problem with zzip and pkg-config, but I'm stuck with this exception (the whole build log is here):

Code: Select all

Making all in Samples
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/Samples'
Making all in SkeletalAnimation
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/Samples/SkeletalAnimation'
Making all in src
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/Samples/SkeletalAnimation/src'
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++  -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT   -o SkeletalAnimation -L../../../OgreMain/src SkeletalAnimation.o -lOgreMain -lCg -lILU -lIL -lpthread -lz -lm -ldl  -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread
libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX
g++ -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -o SkeletalAnimation SkeletalAnimation.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib  -L/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/OgreMain/src /home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/.libs/libOgreMain.a /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -L/home/nils/DevIL-1.6.7/src-IL/src -L/usr/include/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lCg /usr/local/lib/libILU.so /usr/local/lib/libIL.so /home/nils/DevIL-1.6.7/src-IL/src/.libs/libIL.so -lpng -ltiff /usr/lib/libmng.so /usr/lib/libjpeg.so -llcms -lz /usr/lib/libSDL.so /usr/lib/libstdc++.so -lc -lgcc_s /usr/lib/libasound.so -ldl -lXext /usr/lib/libaa.so -lslang -lm -lX11 -lgpm -lpthread -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/nils/DevIL-1.6.7/src-IL/src/.libs -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/.libs/libOgreMain.a(OgreZip.o)(.text+0xe1b): In function `Ogre::ZipArchive::load()':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:717: undefined reference to `zzip_dir_open'
/home/nils/dev/ogre/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/.libs/libOgreMain.a(OgreZip.o)(.text+0xea8):/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:862: undefined reference to `zzip_dir_read'
[...etc...]
I'm running Suse 9.0 and have installed the zziplib rpm 0.13.36. When I run configure it says:

Code: Select all

configure:9780: checking for zziplib
configure:9784: result: yes
configure:9788: checking ZZIPLIB_CFLAGS
configure:9791: result:  
configure:9794: checking ZZIPLIB_LIBS
configure:9797: result: -lzzip -lz
Any ideas?
"Stupidity has a certain charm, ignorance does not" - - F Z
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

Firstly it looks like its trying to staticly link against a libOgreMain.a rather than using libOgreMain.so. RC1 shouldn't build static libraries at all now, but just to be sure try using configure with the --disable-static argument.

Was this source checked out from CVS or did you copy the new RC1 source over the top of an older version? If so, did you do a make clean first?

Which version of libtool are you using? According to your config.log your libtool doesn't appear allow dynamically linked libraries which is very weird.

Also whats the output from /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep zzlib
User avatar
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:43 pm
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Contact:

Post by DWORD »

/me also likes 'pilsnere'. :P Unfortunately I can't help with your question.
User avatar
pilsna
Gnoblar
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Post by pilsna »

Problem solved. I couldn't make it work with RC1 though. But I just found the final version and it compiled right away.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

(have I deserved a pilsner now?)
"Stupidity has a certain charm, ignorance does not" - - F Z
Post Reply