OGRE compile error on OSX with XCode

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
0handle
Gnoblar
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:02 pm

OGRE compile error on OSX with XCode

Post by 0handle »

Hi folks

just wanted to compile Ogre 1.0.0 on Mac OSX and got
the following error message:


CompileC build/Ogre.build/Ogre.build/Objects-normal/ppc/OgreMemoryManager.o /Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/OgreMemoryManager.cpp normal ppc c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.3_3
cd /Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre
/usr/bin/gcc-3.3 -x c++ -arch ppc -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fasm-blocks -fpascal-strings -g -O0 -mtune=G4 -DOGRE_NONCLIENT_BUILD -DDEBUG -fmessage-length=0 -ffix-and-continue -F/Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build -F/Users/0handle/Library/Frameworks -I/Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build/Ogre.build/Ogre.build/DerivedSources -Wp,-header-mapfile,/Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build/Ogre.build/Ogre.build/Ogre.hmap -DDEBUG -mlong-branch -include /Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build/SharedCaches/Ogre_Prefix-dozszycwskqldfdiysycfkcnamfc/Ogre_Prefix.pch -c /Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/OgreMemoryManager.cpp -o /Users/0handle/Desktop/ogrenew/Mac/XCode/Ogre/build/Ogre.build/Ogre.build/Objects-normal/ppc/OgreMemoryManager.o
cc1plus: warning: ignoring -mlong-branch, superflous when PIC is on; use with -static
{standard input}:6493:Fixup of -67116076 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6479:Fixup of -67116460 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6467:Fixup of -67116644 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6453:Fixup of -67115912 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6817:Fixup of -67116632 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6756:Fixup of -67116512 too large for field width of 26 bits
{standard input}:6535:Fixup of -67116320 too large for field width of 26 bits

Can someone please tell me whats wrong???

0handle
User avatar
Project5
Goblin
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: New York, NY, USA

Post by Project5 »

Yep. I got the same thing.

What probably happened is that you installed xcode 1.5 and then make the 'mistake' of running system update. That will update xcode to version 1.1.

What you need to do is reinstall xcode 1.5, and get the latest gcc update from developer.apple.com

--Ben
Post Reply