How to play video in viewport/screen
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 pm
Hello everyone
I started using Ogre a couple of weeks ago, doing the tutorials and getting used to the structure. I want to use Ogre for an Augmented Reality like application, and for that one of the first things I need to do is to have a video playing on the screen background, and render whatever objects I might have on top of it. I've been searching in google and in these forums but I haven't found any clear answer to this, at most I can play the video over a texture but I don't know how to do that on the screen itself.
Eventually I will do this on a live video feed, but for demonstration purposes a prerecorded video should be enough.
Thank you for your help!
I started using Ogre a couple of weeks ago, doing the tutorials and getting used to the structure. I want to use Ogre for an Augmented Reality like application, and for that one of the first things I need to do is to have a video playing on the screen background, and render whatever objects I might have on top of it. I've been searching in google and in these forums but I haven't found any clear answer to this, at most I can play the video over a texture but I don't know how to do that on the screen itself.
Eventually I will do this on a live video feed, but for demonstration purposes a prerecorded video should be enough.
Thank you for your help!