Page 1 of 1

MyGUI

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 pm
by alberich
Hello!
I'm new to OGRE (and openGL in general).
I would like to use MyGUI on my opengl application (not game). I'm trying to build it, but when I issue the cmake command it asks for ogre directory.
Does this mean I need to compile ogre first? Can it be done without ogre sources?

thank you

Re: MyGUI

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:45 pm
by Rustam
There's one more forum http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/ in case nobody answers here.

Re: MyGUI

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 am
by al2950
You do not need Ogre to compile MyGui, unless you want to use Ogre as the mygui renderer of course.

The cmake option MYGUI_RENDERSYSTEM selects what render it compiles for. If you just want a simple opengl renderer then use option '4'.

Re: MyGUI

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:09 am
by alberich
That made the trick!
I couldn't find this option using cmake-gui in linux.

Can this information be updated in the wiki? (compilation section)

Just in case it is usefull for other people, this is what I did
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DMYGUI_RENDERSYSTEM=4 ..
make -j8

Thank you :)