Page 1 of 1

Criss-crossed SSAO

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 pm
by aymar
I'm using the exact implementation available in the 2.1 Branch, with the following setup:

Code: Select all

NearClipDistance = 0.1;
FarClipDistance = 720;
KernelRadius = 1.0
PowerScale = 1.5
And for some reason, my occlusion map is criss-crossed like this:
Image

Image

I already tried changing the setup, but apparently nothing seems to solve this, the SSAO/HS shader seems to be outputting this pattern.

Does anyone have a clue?

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
by dark_sylinc
Looks like the noise texture is either not filled correctly, or it's not being bound (confirm with RenderDoc)

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 pm
by xrgo
I haven't look at the code, but I experienced similar patterns when the blur shader doesn't get the viewport size correctly

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
by aymar
dark_sylinc wrote:Looks like the noise texture is either not filled correctly, or it's not being bound (confirm with RenderDoc)
On the money. The noise texture is criss-crossed. I'll investigate further.