Ogre source

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)


Post Reply
jake0301
Gnoblar
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Ogre source

Post by jake0301 »

ok, so I just built ogre from source after a many..many tries.
but when I tried to follow this: https://ogrecave.github.io/ogre/api/2.1 ... urApp.html
I realized I had used the default branch not the 2.1 branch
so I was just wondering why is the folder structure so different from 2.1 to default?

also sorry if I broke some rule I'm new :D
Hotshot5000
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm
x 69

Re: Ogre source

Post by Hotshot5000 »

Because 2.1 is very different from the old Ogre :). Things from the old Ogre don't make sense anymore. Still, it's not really that bad. I made the jump from 1.7 to 2.1 and didn't kill myself... The advantages of 2.1 are too good to be ignored. If you are new I suggest getting used to 2.1 since it's the way forward. There is no need to learn the bad habits of the pre 2.0 branches.
Post Reply