Page 1 of 1

[2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 pm
by Jay721
Hello!

I'm moving away from older graphics engines so I'm all new with Ogre. I'm looking for some simple system for drawing GUIs, in an ideal world I want a way to draw plain old rectangles (along side actually useful things) but the Overlay systems seems far too complicated.

I've looked into things like ImGUI and I think that would be ideal for me. I've tried hooking it up to Ogre but I'm an absolute newbie so I get these errors:
class "Ogre::RenderSystem" has no member "_setHlmsBlendblock"
class "Ogre::RenderSystem" has no member "_setHlmsMacroblock"
class "Ogre::SceneManager" has no member "_injectRenderWithPass"
Is it possible to get ImGUI working with Ogre 2.1? Is it too hard - are there any working alternatives? I want to be able to create things like menu bars at the top of the screen.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 am
by Zonder
Not sure you have seen this, recently people have been working on bindings for the various versions of ogre. Not sure what state they are in, but there was work done for ogre 1.x, 2.0 and 2.1

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89081

Re: [2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 pm
by Jay721
Yeah, I was using similiar bindings. I’ve already tried the one on there but I get similiar errors.

Something to do with scissor testing and injectRenderWithPass.

Re: [2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm
by devxkh
injectRenderWithPass has been removed.
Herb is also trying to get imgui to work. looks like the psohelpercache is the way to go. But i didn't try it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93889
I'm using a v2 movable objects for my own gui (no scissors needed).
Since i'm using imgui only for editing purpose, i do not care about scissor problems atm.

Re: [2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 pm
by Jay721
devxkh wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm injectRenderWithPass has been removed.
Herb is also trying to get imgui to work. looks like the psohelpercache is the way to go. But i didn't try it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93889
I'm using a v2 movable objects for my own gui (no scissors needed).
Since i'm using imgui only for editing purpose, i do not care about scissor problems atm.
Thanks for the reply, how do you go around using movable objects as a gui?

Re: [2.1] Getting a working GUI system

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 pm
by devxkh