Page 1 of 1
OGRE dependecies build error
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 am
by TaaTT4
As the title says:
Code: Select all
c1 : fatal error C1083: Non รจ possibile aprire il file origine: 'Dependencies/src/SDL2/src/hidapi/hidapi': No such file
or directory [D:\Development\SDK\OGRE\OGRE Dependencies\build\x86\src\SDL2.vcxproj]
(sorry for the italian, it translates to something like "cannot open origin file").
Using the latest commit (95dda06a4a57), it happens on Windows both with Visual Studio 2017 and 2019. Switching back to commit (8e0dac8c6cba) solves the issue.
Re: OGRE dependecies build error
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:01 pm
by dark_sylinc
SDL is built differently and may not be noticing file changes.
Backup, then delete what's inside ogredeps/SDL2 (except .hg folder) and restore the deleted files with hg. Then build again
Cheers
Re: OGRE dependecies build error
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:25 am
by TaaTT4
Nope, the issue is totally unrelated to Mercurial subrepos (in fact, I've cloned OGRE dependencies repos from scratch). I discovered that the culprit is a space in the path where OGRE dependencies repository has been cloned. It didn't happen before, maybe something has blown up in SDL 2.10.0 CMakeLists.txt files.
Anyway, SDL still not build with Visual Studio 2019 (not your fault of course):
Code: Select all
SDL_string.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno memset non risolto nella funzione SDL_vsnprintf_REAL [D:\Development\SDK\OGRE\OGRE_Dependencies\build\x64\src\SDL2-prefix\src\SDL2-build\SDL2.vcxproj] [D:\Development\SDK\OG
RE\OGRE_Dependencies\build\x64\src\SDL2.vcxproj]
D:\Development\SDK\OGRE\OGRE_Dependencies\build\x64\src\SDL2-prefix\src\SDL2-build\Release\SDL2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 esterni non risolti [D:\Development\SDK\OGRE\OGRE_Dependencies\build\x64\src\SDL2-prefix\src\SDL2-build\SDL2.vc
xproj] [D:\Development\SDK\OGRE\OGRE_Dependencies\build\x64\src\SDL2.vcxproj]
Here some references:
Re: OGRE dependecies build error
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm
by dark_sylinc
Yesterday I've been messing with SDL2 setup several times, I hope it may have been fixed now.
I also bumped the version from SDL2 2.0.8 (IIRC) to 2.0.10. A bug in the build process may have been introduced on the SDL side.
Re: OGRE dependecies build error
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:48 pm
by TaaTT4
I've seen your work! But as I told before, it appears more to be something related to the CMakeLists.txt files of SDL than the way you build SDL.
I've solved building SDL through the sln file and manually providing it to OGRE.