Compute shaders
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:47 am
Hi,
I've begun to play with compute shaders and I have two quick questions.
What's the purpouse of inform_shader_of_texture_data_change? I've seen that in every *.material.json file that declares a compute shader is set to true. But reading the HlmsComputeJob::setInformHlmsOfTextureData documentation it seems that is it should be left as it is to false (unless you know what you're doing).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment there's no way to set preprocessor definitions of a compute shader, right? Would it be hard to add this feature? I'm asking this because I have some 3rd party compute shaders that enable/disable features by defines. I'd like to keep them as they are to simplify the merge/update process in the future.
I've begun to play with compute shaders and I have two quick questions.
What's the purpouse of inform_shader_of_texture_data_change? I've seen that in every *.material.json file that declares a compute shader is set to true. But reading the HlmsComputeJob::setInformHlmsOfTextureData documentation it seems that is it should be left as it is to false (unless you know what you're doing).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment there's no way to set preprocessor definitions of a compute shader, right? Would it be hard to add this feature? I'm asking this because I have some 3rd party compute shaders that enable/disable features by defines. I'd like to keep them as they are to simplify the merge/update process in the future.