Page 1 of 1

Maya Exporter 6.5c problem

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:22 pm
by AllBrain
Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum. I have a couple of issues with the latest version of the exporter.

I am using Maya 6.5 and have tried to export a model using the 'Ogre' menu. I have filled in all the textboxes and ticked all the checkboxes in the Mesh and Materials sections. However, the exporter doesn't put anything in the .material file (the old one I had for Maya 6.0 did) and even though I have checked the option to create the binary mesh it doesn't get created.

Also, when using the OgreXMLConverter.exe that comes with this exporter to convert to a binary mesh I provide it with a .mesh.xml filename and it always tells me that it was 'Unable to open the file blah.mesh.xml - fatal error'.

Has anyone else have these problems and if so, was there a way to solve them? Let me know if there is any information you need that I haven't provided...

Thanks!

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:34 pm
by Imperil
I was using models today that were exported with the 6.5c exporter although when I used OgreXMLConverter I actually used the latest one found here on the downloads. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not?

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:31 am
by Devine
make sure ur mesh is triangulated

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:48 pm
by bisco
Hey Allbrain, do you still have problems exporting your scene?
If you have any problems send me an e-mail, we'll try to solve them

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:44 pm
by AllBrain
I redownloaded the exporter from here and used it from maya on a triangulated mesh. It seems at first look to have worked.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll email if I have anymore problems though bisco.

Cheers...