[2.1] v2 Item's manual bone transfrom doesn't apply to mesh
Posted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:57 am
I'm trying to manually animate a skinned mesh via:
But in the render window the pose and orientation doesn't change, all the while a few frames later I check if it was reset and the debugger says it wasn't:
The mesh is created from v1 mesh, which in turn is created from manual vertex and skin binding data via code battle tested in ogre 1.* - the v1 mesh and its skeleton are created properly. //Skeleton is converted to v2 via SkeletonManager::getSingleton().getSkeletonDef(Ogre::v1::SkeletonPtr.get());
I thought v2 mesh fails to import the vertex binding, but following the code in debugger I see vertex bindings properly deshared into submeshes and compiled, so I am at complete loss why doesn't mesh animate - Sample_AnimationTagPoint.exe shows properly animated model, so it's not like my driver doesn't support hardware skin binding.
Code: Select all
Ogre::SkeletonInstance* s = item->getSkeletonInstance();
Ogre::Bone* b = s->getBone("body");
s->setManualBone( b, true );
b->setOrientation( Ogre::Quaternion(Ogre::Radian(1), Ogre::Vector3::UNIT_Y) );
b->setPosition( Ogre::Vector3(1,2,3) );Code: Select all
Ogre::Quaternion ror = b->getOrientation();
//w=0.87758255 x=0.00000000 y=0.47942555 z=0.00000000
Ogre::Vector3 pop = b->getPosition();
//x=1.0000000 y=2.0000000 z=3.0000000I thought v2 mesh fails to import the vertex binding, but following the code in debugger I see vertex bindings properly deshared into submeshes and compiled, so I am at complete loss why doesn't mesh animate - Sample_AnimationTagPoint.exe shows properly animated model, so it's not like my driver doesn't support hardware skin binding.


