blender2ogre new .json format for materials

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

linuxprofi
Gnoblar

blender2ogre new .json format for materials

Post by linuxprofi »

Hey guys,

I am new to Ogre and after one week of exploring now (including some frustrations) I didn't find any way to create appropriate HLMS *.material.json files out of the generated blender2ogre material files for Ogre V2. Documentation for blender2ogre states that they need manual further processing (as I figured out that blender2ogre still create RTShader entries even if V2 output enabled with the OgreMeshTool which are not supported by default if I do not enable RTShader component on compile time [which itself leads to compile errors on Mac OSX 12.3]) and blender2ogre docs lead me to follow instructions in the Ogre HLMS documentation. There is a Link for migration to Ogre V2 from V1.x which unfortunately lead into Nirvana. If my understanding is correct the RTShader is obsolete with HLMS and therefor should be not compiled in. So are there any tools / instructions out there, how I can easily convert a *.material file to the new V2 *.json format? Or in other words: how do I get my Blender 3D generated materials from blender2ogre loaded in Ogre 2.3? Maybe a silly question but I stuck here for a couple of days now.

Thanks for your help & have a good day!