Page 1 of 1
Does Ogre-Next run on any linux systems
Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:19 pm
by Nickak2003
I'm putting together a server but I would like to run my Ogre software on it, I am looking at the Ogre-Next and there is no specific mention of other compilers besides VS. Are there any specific issues, or should be basically portable?
Re: Does Ogre-Next run on any linux systems
Posted: Fri May 19, 2023 5:02 pm
by Crystal Hammer
It does on my Debian 11 no problem.
I think it should be portable.
Re: Does Ogre-Next run on any linux systems
Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 11:10 pm
by dark_sylinc
Nickak2003 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:19 pm
I'm putting together a server but I would like to run my Ogre software on it, I am looking at the Ogre-Next and there is no specific mention of other compilers besides VS. Are there any specific issues, or should be basically portable?
Yes, I develop Ogre-Next on Ubuntu as main, then test on Windows. See our build scripts and the Linux setup page.
Getting OpenGL to work on certain server configurations can be tricky though (we have developed EGL Headless for this reason, it needs to be turned on from CMake specifically) if X11 isn't running.
IIRC Vulkan also has headless support.