Page 1 of 1

[Solved] Textures are reversed in Sample UpdatingDecalsAndAreaLightTex

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:53 pm
by knn217

Hello, I followed the sample: UpdatingDecalsAndAreaLightTex for my implementation
After changing the texture file to "10points.png", I realized the texture is reversed in the sample.
How do I reverse the texture?


Re: Textures are reversed in Sample UpdatingDecalsAndAreaLightTex

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:26 pm
by dark_sylinc

Interesting that no one reported this bug earlier (we have at least 1 user thoroughly using this feature).

Fixed.


Re: Textures are reversed in Sample UpdatingDecalsAndAreaLightTex

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:21 am
by knn217

Thanks for the reply and the fix, I didn't know this was a bug.

I thought it can be changed in the createplane constructor somewhere like the upVector since it's more convenient.

So if I want a reversed texture, do I just create a reversed texture file like "10points_reversed.png" or something?


Re: Textures are reversed in Sample UpdatingDecalsAndAreaLightTex

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:44 am
by knn217

OH wait, I figured it out!
To get reversed texture, I need to reverse the Light's direction
Thanks for the fix tho