Page 1 of 1

[Solved] How to import animation clips from multiple .skeleton files into a single .skeleton?

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:39 am
by knn217

Hello, I had trouble following the "ImportAnimationsShareSkeletonInstance" sample. I couldn't figure out how to combine multiple .skeleton files into one so that all meshes can follow this master skeleton. The Blender2Ogre exporter doesn't seem to have an option for this, it always exports a .skeleton for each .mesh.
Do I have to create my meshes in a specific way in Blender? Or is there a way by coding?


Re: How to import animation clips from multiple .skeleton files into a single .skeleton?

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:44 pm
by sercero

Funny that you mention blender2ogre since the documentation has a section dedicated to that topic:
https://github.com/OGRECave/blender2ogr ... d-skeleton


Re: How to import animation clips from multiple .skeleton files into a single .skeleton?

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:21 pm
by knn217
sercero wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:44 pm

Funny that you mention blender2ogre since the documentation has a section dedicated to that topic:

Thanks for the reply! I completely forgot about the documentation for blender2ogre :oops:

However, I still can't find the option "EX_SHARED_ARMATURE" while exporting, is it not in the armature tab?

Here are my options for exporting:
Image
Image


Re: How to import animation clips from multiple .skeleton files into a single .skeleton?

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:21 am
by knn217

Apparently, "shared armature" option was added in later, so my blender2ogre repository needed to update to the latest version :oops: .
The option appears in my export window now, sorry for the trouble!