Page 1 of 1

Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Sun May 05, 2024 2:54 pm
by paul424

Here is the TEST RELEASE version of OpenDungeonsPlus for WINDOWS 10 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PeXqR ... drive_link, please notice that you would need VS C++ redist to install first.

Please give feedback whether it launched and what works on your machine.


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm
by sercero

Thats great, but it would be nice to also include a link to the proper vcredist.

Thanks!


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 12:53 pm
by paroj

freetype.dll and OpenAL32.dll depend on VCRUNTIME140D.dll (the debug runtime). Therefore this version does not work with wine and probably causes difficulties on windows too. You should recompile those as release.

You can also just put VCRUNTIME140.dll into the package. I did not check the licensing conditions, but at least python does this.


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:27 pm
by paul424

Hi , many thanks for the tips.
Here's augmented version of the TEST : RELEASE VERSION of OPENDUNGEONSPLUS, notice both libraries where recompiled in release mode, hopefully they do not require any extra libraries....
*tar.gz archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rcTDPR ... drive_link

*zip archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UF74ZE ... drive_link
Do you think it has a chance of running under WINE ?
I don't think this is the aim of mine build, but it is worth trying..
Be warned I get with WINE emulator :

Code: Select all

wine: Call from 00006FFFFFC23DE7 to unimplemented function msvcp140_2.dll.__std_smf_cyl_bessel_i, aborting

EDIT : my friend keeps getting

Code: Select all

 13:37:09: Error: ScriptCompiler - reference to a non existing object in Adventurer.material(2): RTShaderSystem.material

no matter what he puts in the resource.cfg file. How much broken must be the RTShaderSystem then ....
First question is : Should the refrence to RTShaderSystem.material path be in OgreInternal or Graphics group ?


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:55 am
by paul424

Hello, Finally I have a working installer which yields a working game :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KhTrij ... drive_link


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:22 pm
by paul424

Generally people are reluctant to use some random installer from the internet.
How do I distribute my fork so it's more trustworthy ? Steam and itch I suppose ? So the people would use it.


Re: Opendungeons-plus binary for windows

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:10 pm
by Zonder

Probably more its coming from google drive not an official site I would guess.

The normal way would be to contribute back to the original project, or fork the project and publish the release under the forks releases.