Page 1 of 1

Driving Scenario with NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:38 pm
by Lax

Hi folks,

just wanted to share my experiments on a driving scenario using my NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design editor.
Used is Ogre as graphics engine and newton dynamics as physics engine.

The player controller and the vehicle computer ai is done in lua script. But the ai calculations are done in the PurePursuitComponent plugin, I wrote.

[flash=][/flash]

Best Regards
Lax


Re: Driving Scenario with NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2025 9:44 pm
by Lax

Just wanted to show another scenario (Warioland Gameboy gold play adaptation from my childhood):


Re: Driving Scenario with NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2026 10:43 pm
by Lax

And here the next scenario.

I created a scenario with my NOWA-Engine, NOWA-Editor Ogre-Next and OgreNewt4 using newton dynamics 4 using procedural foliage grass and trees with hurrycane wind effects. The gray tree swaying does also react on gameobjects with a WindInteractorComponent.

Best Regards
Lax


Re: Driving Scenario with NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 9:22 pm
by Lax

I created a procedural maze component for my NOWA-Engine, which generates a random maze. Further more a MeshConstructionComponent is attached to construct the mesh. Then I use 2 Camera for splitscreen and klick at the maze exit. Then the path is calculated and the Flubber finds its way out of the maze :)

See:


Re: Driving Scenario with NOWA-Engine and NOWA-Design

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 9:35 pm
by Lax

I created an universum component for my NOWA-Engine, which can generate several solar systems with orbit functions. A spaceship can be controlled and can automatically land on a moon or planet. I also use a planet minimap component to mark points of interest. All game mechanics are created in Lua.

See: