Page 1 of 1

Resource file deletion and creation

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 9:38 pm
by slapin

Hi, all!
For simple editor purposes I need to edit some files in Ogre resource system. I found a way to find file path,
but I found no way to delete/unlink the file to overwrite it. Is there Ogre helpers for that or I should do that on my own?
That also needed for game save system too...


Re: Resource file deletion and creation

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 11:36 pm
by slapin

Ogre::FileSystemLayer is perfect for file operations. Found it again. Sorry for all the noise.

Code: Select all

Ogre::FileSystemLayer::removeFile("world_map.png");

Full code to save png from image img finding the path in resource system:

Code: Select all

		Ogre::String group =
			Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton()
				.findGroupContainingResource("world_map.png");
		Ogre::FileInfoListPtr fileInfoList(
			Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton()
				.findResourceFileInfo(group, "world_map.png"));
		OgreAssert(fileInfoList->size() == 1,
			   "worpd_map.png should be there and only once");
		Ogre::String path = fileInfoList->at(0).archive->getName() +
				    "/" + "world_map.png";
		Ogre::FileSystemLayer::removeFile(path);
		img.save(path);

So I'm fully packed now.