Page 1 of 1

help in metalic GLSL shader

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 11:54 am
by paul424

Ogre Version: : 1 13 6 5:
Operating System: :Linux OpenSuse Tumbleweed :
Render System: :OpenGL3+
I look for some metalic shader in GLSL , the simpler the better 🙂
I want to have it for the compass gold cover-envelope.
However I have read that wtihotu environmental mapping the thing would look unnatural ......


Re: help in metalic GLSL shader

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2026 5:41 pm
by paul424

First question in this quest, is how to make normal map for the compass .... the rest seems easy ... :)


Re: help in metalic GLSL shader

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2026 6:14 pm
by slapin

what do you mean by "making"? I make my normal maps like this: but I guess you want something else...


Re: help in metalic GLSL shader

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2026 9:26 am
by paul424

This isn't for sure what I need , but what I might be doing wrong ?
Image


Re: help in metalic GLSL shader

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2026 2:51 pm
by slapin

That depends on what you do and how you do it.