what Vector3 Ogre::Camera::getDerivedDirection ( void ) const actually does ?
I am such a lamer when it comes to real analysis : what does that mean :
/** Gets the derived direction vector of the camera, including any
rotation inherited from a node attachment and reflection matrix. */
Vector3 getDerivedDirection(void) const;
https://ogrecave.github.io/ogre/api/13/ ... 4ab37bc1c3
at least I know what's direction vector of a camera but derived ?
what is the variable being differentiated here ?
this function is far from knowing about the potential movement of camera...
wolfram mathworld to the rescue : https://mathworld.wolfram.com/Direction ... ative.html "The directional derivative del _(u)f(x_0,y_0,z_0) is the rate at which the function f(x,y,z) changes at a point (x_0,y_0,z0) in the direction u. It is a vector form of the usual derivative, and can be defined as ..."
So where is the unit vector in this code ? or I don't get something ? because it'getDerivedDirection argument list is void ! >>