Blender Export

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
CaseyB
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
x 3
Contact:

Blender Export

Post by CaseyB »

I am having trouble with the Blender OgreXML Exporter. Then I try to run it it gives me these errors

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent calls last):
  File "(string)", line 3507, in buttonCallback
  File "(string)", line 3160, in export
  File "(string)", line 3009, in export_mesh
SystemError: error return without exception set
I thought that maybe I had an issue with Blender so I reinstalled, then I tried installing Python, then I tried running other exporters and they all worked. I don't know what the issue is, I've used it in the past and it worked! What did I do wrong?
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

You are likely using 2.4 Blender; did you get the latest Blender exporter? The one in CVS I believe is for 2.37a, and will not work with 2.4. Search for posts in the forums by reimpell to find out where to get the current development one.
User avatar
NeOmega
Halfling
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:30 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Post by NeOmega »

there is a new blender exporter that has worked for me so far for 2.4

you can find it in this thread
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... c&start=25
User avatar
CaseyB
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
x 3
Contact:

Post by CaseyB »

:D You guys are do good! That worked perfectly! Thanks!
Post Reply