Method of adding an animation to a mesh that already exist

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
kura
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 am

Method of adding an animation to a mesh that already exist

Post by kura »

Hello

I would like to add an animation to a mesh that already exist using maya exporter.
I do know how to have multiple animation in a mesh file using exporter.
However, I do not know how I can add an animation to a mesh that has the same basic model.

I would like to have this since I am using some motion capture data,
and usually, those datas are starting from frame 0 (thus over laps if i import multiple mocap data)
For this reason, I wanted to export the animation multiple times,
yet the exporter over writes the mesh that is already existing
(which makes sence but is not really what i want)

Is there any suggestion to over come this problem?

thank you
wxpy2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by wxpy2001 »

i have the same question,is there anyone know how to?
nothing is impossible
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

You do that in your modeler.

OGRE does not support that (AFAIK), but I think I saw something like that in the Eihort Notes (Eihort is the next version of OGRE). :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
wxpy2001
Gnoblar
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by wxpy2001 »

thanks a lot :) ,i have looked for these work for a day.
Maybe i should spend some time to write a programe to change the motion capture file(bvh,amc) to the .skeleton file.
nothing is impossible
Post Reply