New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Post Reply
Ident
Gremlin
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Austria
x 9
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Ident »

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.
i don't know what it is or what it means. As far as i read about it it occurs in some cases hashmaps are used (which I don't) or dll's are loaded (which i don't do actively in runtime)

so yea, i dunno,... some time when i got a lot of patience i ll check some old SVN repo versions of my project and narrow down where this error first appeared so i can check for the changes and see what it could be.

but i dunno if it really is due to my repo versions or not due to some other stuff, arr, welll it doesnt matter so much for now but it's kinda troubling me because i dont feel like this error should exist.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jacmoe »

It usually means that you did an unclean build.
Could be a plugin you need to build again, could be that you need to clean and build Ogre.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ident
Gremlin
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Austria
x 9
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Ident »

jacmoe wrote:It usually means that you did an unclean build.
Could be a plugin you need to build again, could be that you need to clean and build Ogre.
well it's supposed to be clean, i think to be sure about it really working i totally cleaned and rebuilt Ogre+plugins back when i compiled it...

also, how does it makes sense that this only happenss while re-entering the state but now when being in the state for hours? also sometimes when doing exactly the same (swapping back to gamestate) i get other errors in some ogre functions, without getting an ESP error... but probably you are right.

Some time i'll try to rebuild... i just dont like to do that because it takes a whole day to compile everything and relocate everything again - pain.
Tenko
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Tenko »

Hello,

I'm having a bit of issue with the example code (in the downloaded package). I'm running a Linux system, so I'm not using the MSVC project to compile it. I get it to compile without any notable errors, but when I run it, I get a strange error about mutexes before it aborts. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong here -- I'm just starting to pick apart OGRE's stuff, so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Here's my compile output and the error message:

Code: Select all

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
g++ -o AdvancedOgreFramework.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS AdvancedOgreFramework.cpp
AdvancedOgreFramework.cpp: In member function 'void OgreFramework::initOgre(Ogre::String, OIS::KeyListener*, OIS::MouseListener*)':
AdvancedOgreFramework.cpp:51: warning: unused variable 'logMgr'
g++ -o AppStateManager.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS AppStateManager.cpp
g++ -o DemoApp.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS DemoApp.cpp
g++ -o DotSceneLoader.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS DotSceneLoader.cpp
DotSceneLoader.cpp: In member function 'void Ogre::DotSceneLoader::processNode(TiXmlElement*, Ogre::SceneNode*)':
DotSceneLoader.cpp:398: warning: unused variable 'isTarget'
DotSceneLoader.cpp: In member function 'void Ogre::DotSceneLoader::processClipping(TiXmlElement*)':
DotSceneLoader.cpp:753: warning: unused variable 'fNear'
DotSceneLoader.cpp:754: warning: unused variable 'fFar'
g++ -o GameState.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS GameState.cpp
g++ -o MenuState.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS MenuState.cpp
g++ -o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIRenderer.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIRenderer.cpp
g++ -o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIResourceProvider.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIResourceProvider.cpp
g++ -o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUITexture.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUITexture.cpp
g++ -o main.o -c -Wall -ansi -g -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include/OGRE -I/usr/include/CEGUI -IOgreCEGUIRenderer -I/usr/include/OIS main.cpp
g++ -o practice main.o DemoApp.o AppStateManager.o DotSceneLoader.o GameState.o MenuState.o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIRenderer.o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUIResourceProvider.o OgreCEGUIRenderer/OgreCEGUITexture.o AdvancedOgreFramework.o -lOgreMain -ltinyxml -lCEGUIBase -lOIS
scons: done building targets.
amackenzie@chaos ~/work/ogre $ ./practice 
practice: /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:70: void boost::recursive_mutex::unlock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_unlock(&m)' failed.
Aborted
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

@Tenko: Honestly, I have no idea. Noone of those trying to run it on Linux have had this problem yet. Did you have a look at the "Notes" section of the article where some changes for Linux/Mac are listed. Perhaps they can help to resolve the issue.

@all: I know that there are still some problems with these extended state scenarios, and I definetly want them to be solved, but currently I don't feel like programming at home in the evenings when I come home. Since some weeks, I am again in a practical phase, so I am already sitting the whole day in front of a PC coding (not C++, but ABAP...). Somehow the motivation to code privately has currently shrunk to a minimum. But I'll be back, that' sure :) . If someone should figure out these state problems, I'll happy to alter the framework and add a note to the article, I took the state framework from.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Tenko
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Tenko »

The main relevant part of the notes part of the article is just changing the name of the sleep function, if I'm understanding it correctly. I took a look at the XCode compilation for Mac too, but the stuff there seems pretty mac-specific for the most part (mainly with regards to bundle paths and things).

Is there anyone that has a working Makefile or SConstruct I can take a look at for this, to see if it's my compilation that's not setup correctly?
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

Hi,

I am currently getting these errors:

Code: Select all

1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>DotSceneLoader.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement * __thiscall TiXmlNode::FirstChildElement(void)const " (?FirstChildElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPAVTiXmlElement@@XZ) referenced in function "public: class TiXmlElement * __thiscall TiXmlDocument::RootElement(void)const " (?RootElement@TiXmlDocument@@QBEPAVTiXmlElement@@XZ)
1>DotSceneLoader.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement * __thiscall TiXmlNode::FirstChildElement(char const *)const " (?FirstChildElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPAVTiXmlElement@@PBD@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall Ogre::DotSceneLoader::processScene(class TiXmlElement *)" (?processScene@DotSceneLoader@Ogre@@IAEXPAVTiXmlElement@@@Z)
1>DotSceneLoader.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class TiXmlElement * __thiscall TiXmlNode::NextSiblingElement(char const *)const " (?NextSiblingElement@TiXmlNode@@QBEPAVTiXmlElement@@PBD@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall Ogre::DotSceneLoader::processNodes(class TiXmlElement *)" (?processNodes@DotSceneLoader@Ogre@@IAEXPAVTiXmlElement@@@Z)
1>bin\Debug\Jargen.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
I've been trying for days and cant work out whats wrong.
Thanks guys.
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

You did not link to tinyXML. This tinyXML library however is a dependency of the DotSceneLoader. So you have to download, build and then link against it.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

i have included tinyxml that i am sure of
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

But according to the error message, you did not link against it (Project settings > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies).
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

heres what i have there:

C:\OgreSDK\lib\OgreMain.lib
C:\OgreSDK\lib\OIS.lib
C:\OgreSDK\lib\CEGUIBase.lib
C:\OgreSDK\lib\OgreGUIRenderer.lib
C:\OgreSDK\lib\tinyxml.lib
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jacmoe »

And for debug mode?
Those are libs for release mode. Could explain why you're getting the LNK4098 errors (defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs).
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

ok ive got that sorted no building errors now, but when i run it i get this

Code: Select all

Unhandled exception at 0x00a2bddc in AdvancedOgreFramework.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcccccccc.
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

What does the Ogre.log say? Did you run it ouf of VisualStudio or directly executed the .EXE?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

out of visual studio, but i cant find the log it isnt where it should be
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

I guess you haven't set a working directory. Have a look at this thread: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 26&start=0
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
jargen
Gnoblar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by jargen »

error log:

Code: Select all

12:41:10: Creating resource group General
12:41:10: Creating resource group Internal
12:41:10: Creating resource group Autodetect
12:41:10: SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type Material
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
12:41:10: OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
12:41:10: OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
12:41:10: OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type Font
12:41:10: ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
12:41:10: ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
12:41:10: FreeImage version: 3.10.0
12:41:10: This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all common bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
12:41:10: Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,pgm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp2
12:41:10: DDS codec registering
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
12:41:10: Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
12:41:10: MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
12:41:10: Loading library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: D3D9 RenderSystem
12:41:10: D3D9 : Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem created.
12:41:10: D3D9: Driver Detection Starts
12:41:10: D3D9: Driver Detection Ends
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\RenderSystem_GL_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
12:41:10: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_ParticleFX_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: ParticleFX
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
12:41:10: Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
12:41:10: Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_BSPSceneManager_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: BSP Scene Manager
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_CgProgramManager_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: Cg Program Manager
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_PCZSceneManager_d.dll
12:41:10: Installing plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
12:41:10: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Default' registered
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_OctreeZone_d.dll
12:41:10: Installing plugin: Octree Zone Factory
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: Loading library .\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager_d
12:41:10: Installing plugin: Octree & Terrain Scene Manager
12:41:10: Plugin successfully installed
12:41:10: *-*-* OGRE Initialising
12:41:10: *-*-* Version 1.6.4 (Shoggoth)
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Allow NVPerfHUD = No
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Anti aliasing = None
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Floating-point mode = Fastest
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Full Screen = Yes
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Rendering Device = NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: VSync = No
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Video Mode = 800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
12:41:10: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: sRGB Gamma Conversion = No
12:41:16: CPU Identifier & Features
12:41:16: -------------------------
12:41:16:  *   CPU ID: GenuineIntel: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E4600  @ 2.40GHz
12:41:16:  *      SSE: yes
12:41:16:  *     SSE2: yes
12:41:16:  *     SSE3: yes
12:41:16:  *      MMX: yes
12:41:16:  *   MMXEXT: yes
12:41:16:  *    3DNOW: no
12:41:16:  * 3DNOWEXT: no
12:41:16:  *     CMOV: yes
12:41:16:  *      TSC: yes
12:41:16:  *      FPU: yes
12:41:16:  *      PRO: yes
12:41:16:  *       HT: no
12:41:16: -------------------------
12:41:16: D3D9 : Subsystem Initialising
12:41:16: D3D9RenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "AdvancedOgreFramework", 800x600 fullscreen  miscParams: FSAA=0 FSAAQuality=0 colourDepth=32 gamma=false useNVPerfHUD=false vsync=false 
12:41:16: D3D9 : Created D3D9 Rendering Window 'AdvancedOgreFramework' : 800x600, 32bpp
12:41:17: Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
12:41:17: Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
12:41:17: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_RGB
12:41:17: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_RGBA
12:41:17: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_R
12:41:17: RenderSystem capabilities
12:41:17: -------------------------
12:41:17: RenderSystem Name: Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
12:41:17: GPU Vendor: nvidia
12:41:17: Device Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
12:41:17: Driver Version: 8.15.11.8171
12:41:17:  * Fixed function pipeline: yes
12:41:17:  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
12:41:17:  * Texture blending: yes
12:41:17:  * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
12:41:17:  * Dot product texture operation: yes
12:41:17:  * Cube mapping: yes
12:41:17:  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
12:41:17:    - Stencil depth: 8
12:41:17:    - Two sided stencil support: yes
12:41:17:    - Wrap stencil values: yes
12:41:17:  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
12:41:17:  * Vertex programs: yes
12:41:17:  * Fragment programs: yes
12:41:17:  * Geometry programs: no
12:41:17:  * Supported Shader Profiles: hlsl ps_1_1 ps_1_2 ps_1_3 ps_1_4 ps_2_0 ps_2_a ps_2_b ps_2_x ps_3_0 vs_1_1 vs_2_0 vs_2_a vs_2_x vs_3_0
12:41:17:  * Texture Compression: yes
12:41:17:    - DXT: yes
12:41:17:    - VTC: no
12:41:17:  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
12:41:17:  * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
12:41:17:  * User clip planes: yes
12:41:17:  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
12:41:17:  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
12:41:17:  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
12:41:17:  * Floating point textures: yes
12:41:17:  * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
12:41:17:  * Volume textures: yes
12:41:17:  * Multiple Render Targets: 4
12:41:17:    - With different bit depths: no
12:41:17:  * Point Sprites: yes
12:41:17:  * Extended point parameters: yes
12:41:17:  * Max Point Size: 8192
12:41:17:  * Vertex texture fetch: yes
12:41:17:    - Max vertex textures: 4
12:41:17:    - Vertex textures shared: no
12:41:17:  * Render to Vertex Buffer : no
12:41:17:  * DirectX per stage constants: yes
12:41:17: ***************************************
12:41:17: *** D3D9 : Subsystem Initialised OK ***
12:41:17: ***************************************
12:41:17: ResourceBackgroundQueue - threading disabled
12:41:17: Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
12:41:17: SceneManagerFactory for type 'BspSceneManager' registered.
12:41:17: Registering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
12:41:17: SceneManagerFactory for type 'PCZSceneManager' registered.
12:41:17: MovableObjectFactory for type 'PCZLight' registered.
12:41:17: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' registered
12:41:17: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Terrain' registered
12:41:17: SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
12:41:17: SceneManagerFactory for type 'TerrainSceneManager' registered.
12:41:17: Creating resource group Bootstrap
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/OgreCore.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Bootstrap'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/fonts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/programs' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/scripts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/overlays' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/particle' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/gui' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/DeferredShadingMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/PCZAppMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/programs' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/scripts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/materials/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/cubemap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/cubemapsJS.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/dragon.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/fresneldemo.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/ogretestmap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Added resource location '../../media/packs/skybox.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'General'
12:41:17: Parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
12:41:17: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Autodetect
12:41:17: Parsing scripts for resource group Bootstrap
12:41:17: Parsing script OgreCore.material
12:41:17: Parsing script OgreProfiler.material
12:41:17: Parsing script Ogre.fontdef
12:41:17: Parsing script OgreDebugPanel.overlay
12:41:17: Texture: New_Ogre_Border_Center.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1.
12:41:17: Texture: New_Ogre_Border.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
12:41:17: Texture: New_Ogre_Border_Break.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
12:41:17: Font BlueHighwayusing texture size 512x512
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 127 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 128 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 129 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 130 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 131 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 132 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 133 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 134 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 135 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 136 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 137 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 138 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 139 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 140 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 141 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 142 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 143 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 144 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 145 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 146 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 147 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 148 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 149 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 150 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 151 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 152 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 153 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 154 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 155 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 156 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 157 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 158 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 159 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font BlueHighway
12:41:17: Texture: BlueHighwayTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1.
12:41:17: Texture: ogretext.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x128x1.
12:41:17: Parsing script OgreLoadingPanel.overlay
12:41:17: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Bootstrap
12:41:17: Parsing scripts for resource group General
12:41:17: Parsing script Examples.program
12:41:18: Parsing script StdQuad_vp.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred.glsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred.hlsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_ambient.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_debug.glsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_debug.hlsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_debug.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.glsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.hlsl.program
12:41:18: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Parameter called lightFalloff does not exist.  in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\ogremain\src\ogregpuprogram.cpp (line 1097)
12:41:18: Compiler error: invalid parameters in deferred_post_minilight.hlsl.program(27): setting of constant failed
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_multipass.glsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_multipass.hlsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_onepass.glsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_onepass.hlsl.program
12:41:18: Parsing script deferred_post_vs.program
12:41:18: Parsing script Examples.program
12:41:19: Parsing script StdQuad_vp.program
12:41:19: Parsing script ASCII.material
12:41:19: Parsing script ASMSwizzle.material
12:41:19: Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in ASMSwizzle.material(1)
12:41:19: Parsing script BlackAndWhite.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Bloom.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Bloom2.material
12:41:19: Parsing script CGSwizzle.material
12:41:19: Parsing script DepthShadowmap.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Dither.material
12:41:19: Parsing script DOF.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Embossed.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Example-DynTex.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Example-Water.material
12:41:19: Parsing script Example.material
12:41:20: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Parameter called camObjPos does not exist.  in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\ogremain\src\ogregpuprogram.cpp (line 1097)
12:41:20: Compiler error: invalid parameters in Example.material(762): setting of constant failed
12:41:21: Parsing script Examples-Advanced.material
12:41:21: Parsing script facial.material
12:41:21: Parsing script Glass.material
12:41:21: Parsing script GLSLSwizzle.material
12:41:21: Parsing script Halftone.material
12:41:21: Parsing script hdr.material
12:41:22: Parsing script HeatVision.material
12:41:22: Parsing script Hurt.material
12:41:22: Parsing script instancing.material
12:41:22: Parsing script Invert.material
12:41:22: Parsing script IsoSurf.material
12:41:23: Parsing script Laplace.material
12:41:23: Parsing script MotionBlur.material
12:41:23: Parsing script MRTtest.material
12:41:23: Parsing script NightVision.material
12:41:23: Parsing script Ocean.material
12:41:23: Parsing script OffsetMapping.material
12:41:23: Parsing script Ogre.material
12:41:23: Parsing script OldMovie.material
12:41:23: Parsing script OldTV.material
12:41:23: Parsing script ParticleGS.material
12:41:23: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(0) : error C6015: Output 'POSITION' not completely written
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:23: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(0) : error C6015: Output 'POSITION' not completely written
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:23: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(249) : warning C7050: "output.color" might be used before being initialized
(0) : error C6015: Output 'POSITION' not completely written
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:23: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(249) : warning C7050: "output.color" might be used before being initialized
(0) : error C6015: Output 'POSITION' not completely written
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:23: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(323) : fatal error C9999: unexpected cast operation
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:23: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPS encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPS: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
(323) : fatal error C9999: unexpected cast operation
 in CgProgram::loadFromSource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\plugins\cgprogrammanager\src\ogrecgprogrammanagerdll.cpp (line 66)
12:41:24: Parsing script Posterize.material
12:41:24: Parsing script pssm.material
12:41:24: Parsing script RadialBlur.material
12:41:24: Parsing script RZR-002.material
12:41:24: Parsing script SharpenEdges.material
12:41:24: Parsing script smoke.material
12:41:24: Parsing script Tiling.material
12:41:24: Parsing script VarianceShadowmap.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferreddemo.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred_post_ambient.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred_post_debug.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred_post_multipass.material
12:41:24: Parsing script deferred_post_onepass.material
12:41:24: Parsing script ROOM.material
12:41:24: Parsing script ASCII.material
12:41:24: Parsing script ASMSwizzle.material
12:41:24: Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in ASMSwizzle.material(1)
12:41:24: Parsing script BlackAndWhite.material
12:41:24: Parsing script Bloom.material
12:41:24: Parsing script Bloom2.material
12:41:24: Parsing script CGSwizzle.material
12:41:24: Parsing script DepthShadowmap.material
12:41:25: Parsing script Dither.material
12:41:25: Parsing script DOF.material
12:41:25: Parsing script Embossed.material
12:41:25: Parsing script Example-DynTex.material
12:41:25: Parsing script Example-Water.material
12:41:25: Parsing script Example.material
12:41:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Parameter called camObjPos does not exist.  in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\ogremain\src\ogregpuprogram.cpp (line 1097)
12:41:25: Compiler error: invalid parameters in Example.material(762): setting of constant failed
12:41:25: Parsing script Examples-Advanced.material
12:41:26: Parsing script facial.material
12:41:26: Parsing script Glass.material
12:41:26: Parsing script GLSLSwizzle.material
12:41:26: Parsing script Halftone.material
12:41:26: Parsing script hdr.material
12:41:26: Parsing script HeatVision.material
12:41:26: Parsing script Hurt.material
12:41:26: Parsing script instancing.material
12:41:27: Parsing script Invert.material
12:41:27: Parsing script IsoSurf.material
12:41:27: Parsing script Laplace.material
12:41:27: Parsing script MotionBlur.material
12:41:27: Parsing script MRTtest.material
12:41:27: Parsing script NightVision.material
12:41:27: Parsing script Ocean.material
12:41:27: Parsing script OffsetMapping.material
12:41:27: Parsing script Ogre.material
12:41:27: Parsing script OldMovie.material
12:41:27: Parsing script OldTV.material
12:41:27: Parsing script ParticleGS.material
12:41:27: Parsing script Posterize.material
12:41:27: Parsing script pssm.material
12:41:28: Parsing script RadialBlur.material
12:41:28: Parsing script RZR-002.material
12:41:28: Parsing script SharpenEdges.material
12:41:28: Parsing script smoke.material
12:41:28: Parsing script Tiling.material
12:41:28: Parsing script VarianceShadowmap.material
12:41:28: Parsing script RomanBath.material
12:41:28: Parsing script emitted_emitter.particle
12:41:28: Parsing script Example-Water.particle
12:41:28: Parsing script Example.particle
12:41:28: Parsing script smoke.particle
12:41:28: Parsing script Examples.compositor
12:41:29: Parsing script deferred.compositor
12:41:29: Parsing script Examples.compositor
12:41:29: Parsing script sample.fontdef
12:41:29: Parsing script Compositor.overlay
12:41:29: Parsing script DP3.overlay
12:41:29: Parsing script Example-CubeMapping.overlay
12:41:29: Parsing script Example-DynTex.overlay
12:41:29: Parsing script Example-Water.overlay
12:41:29: Parsing script Shadows.overlay
12:41:30: Finished parsing scripts for resource group General
12:41:30: Parsing scripts for resource group Internal
12:41:30: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal
12:41:30: Texture: TaharezLook.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
12:41:30: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource AdvancedOgreFramework.layout in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at f:\codingextra\ogre\shoggoth_vc9\ogre\ogremain\src\ogreresourcegroupmanager.cpp (line 763)
12:41:30: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' unregistered
12:41:30: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Terrain' unregistered
12:41:30: Unregistering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
12:41:31: *-*-* OGRE Shutdown
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Compositor
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Font
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: Octree & Terrain Scene Manager
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager_d
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: Octree Zone Factory
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_OctreeZone_d.dll
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_PCZSceneManager_d.dll
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: Cg Program Manager
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_CgProgramManager_d
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: BSP Scene Manager
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_BSPSceneManager_d
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: ParticleFX
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\Plugin_ParticleFX_d
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: GL RenderSystem
12:41:31: *** Stopping Win32GL Subsystem ***
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\RenderSystem_GL_d
12:41:31: Uninstalling plugin: D3D9 RenderSystem
12:41:31: D3D9 : Shutting down cleanly.
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Texture
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
12:41:31: D3D9 : Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem destroyed.
12:41:31: Plugin successfully uninstalled
12:41:31: Unloading library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9_d
12:41:31: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Material
dave2041
Halfling
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by dave2041 »

Jargen it is saying that it cannot find the .layout file needed for the CEGUI. have you copied over the media folder for the Advanced GameFramework, or included it in the resources.cfg?
liquidgrimm
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by liquidgrimm »

I have a problem pausing. I can switch between the menu and the game but when I switch back to the menu the input still lies with the GameState. I've searched this topic but I cant find a solution for pausing (switching between states and input) Part of the problem seems to be in re-entering the State which tries to recreate some duplicate stuff.

Use case: Start app, Menu, Enter the game, Pause the game, Try to re-enter the game.
My current code pauses the GameState and sets a paused boolean in the framework. The MenuState checks this boolean to determnine wether to push the Gamestate or resume it. The menu pauses itself. But while in the menu the inputhandler seems that of the GameState.

What kind of flow do you guys use for switching between the States? Did you alter the AppStateManager in any way to solve this input problem?

// push a new state on the stack, calls enter()
this->pushAppState(findByName("GameState"));

// change to state on stack, calls enter()
this->changeAppState(findByName("GameState"));

// call method from existing state, doesnt call enter(), here is were the input gets garbled.
m_pParent->findByName("GameState")->resume();

A suggestion in this topic was made by moving some of the enter() code to the constructor(). Do you guys find this works?
User avatar
teocharos
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm
Location: Greece, Athens

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by teocharos »

I have some noob questions, I think, but they are essential for my project. I use the Advanced Ogre Framework and I think it is good enough to start with it (especially for me) Image. I have the following questions:

1)The framework uses the dotSceneLoader, I think it would be good if it supported and other SceneManagers too, for example i use a heightmap for my exterior terrain and no the dotScene format for now. How can I easilly integrate this feature?

2)About the AppStates, the most basic thing is to keep track of all your entities and stuff in your game so when you go from PauseState to GameState the game will not start from the beginning but where you left it. I think an implementation of this in the Framework would be great, but until then any idea on how to do this? Image
Ident
Gremlin
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Austria
x 9
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Ident »

liquidgrimm wrote:I have a problem pausing. I can switch between the menu and the game but when I switch back to the menu the input still lies with the GameState....
I never had problems with input and as far as i understood how this system works it shouldn't ever be a problem.
I'll keep in mind what you said and when I notice something I'll check back and reply, so far i didnt have any problems, tho.
Ident
Gremlin
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Austria
x 9
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Ident »

teocharos wrote: 1)The framework uses the dotSceneLoader, I think it would be good if it supported and other SceneManagers too, for example i use a heightmap for my exterior terrain and no the dotScene format for now. How can I easilly integrate this feature?
In GameState.enter() there should be a line like this:

m_pSceneMgr = OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pRoot->createSceneManager(ST_GENERIC, "GameSceneMgr");

Just search for "createSceneManager".

If you want another SceneManager this should be the point where you can change it - ST_GENERIC for example is the standard SceneManager.

I hope this is what you wanted to know. However although i dont know how to load heightmaps, I don't work with them so you need to check that on your own.
teocharos wrote: 2)About the AppStates, the most basic thing is to keep track of all your entities and stuff in your game so when you go from PauseState to GameState the game will not start from the beginning but where you left it. I think an implementation of this in the Framework would be great, but until then any idea on how to do this? Image
Add a function like GameState::onGuiPause(const CEGUI::EventArgs &args)
which switches the States so the GameState won't be updated anymore (but nothing else should happen to it) and in the PauseState you add the opposite function which switches back to the game and resumes updating.
User avatar
teocharos
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm
Location: Greece, Athens

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by teocharos »

Now I have this question,

On exit() there is this code:

Code: Select all

if(m_pSceneMgr)
		OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pRoot->destroySceneManager(m_pSceneMgr);
And on enter():

Code: Select all

m_pSceneMgr = OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pRoot->createSceneManager(ST_GENERIC, "GameSceneMgr");
So every time the state changes the SceneManager is destroyed and created.
Is it possible to have two scene managers at the same time? (I think this question is very stupid)
And this one:

Code: Select all

bool GameState::pause()
{
	OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pLog->logMessage("Pausing GameState...");

	OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pGUISystem->setGUISheet(0);
	OgreFramework::getSingletonPtr()->m_pGUIRenderer->setTargetSceneManager(0);

	return true;
}
That way I think the update method won't be paused. How should I do the pause and where to put the method so it will work?
The update method will be something like this:

Code: Select all

void GameState::update(double timeSinceLastFrame){}
In that method I must check if the state is paused or not, the whole method in an if block?
I just want to play a little with the framework so I can use it later on a project(for now I have it exactly as it is). Please help I am so stuck with it.Image
Champi Atomik
Kobold
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by Champi Atomik »

Hello

Firstly, I want to thank you for your work, your framework is a great tool to start.

I have some questions about it :

- I created my own state, copying another application using "ExampleApplication" with the "ExampleFrameListener". The problem is that I have a drop of framerate, from early 300 to 70 in release mode. I have only 3 states, the Menu, the Demo and my own, 4 entities in the scene. Do you have any idea about this ?

- I also wonder to know why I have to divide the "timeSinceLastFrame" by 1000 in the "addTime" of an animationState ? If I don't do that the animation are too fast.

I think it's all and I hope someone can answer me.

Thank you
User avatar
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Location: Germany
x 137
Contact:

Re: New wiki article: Advanced Ogre Framework

Post by spacegaier »

First of all, sorry for not having showed up in thsi thread for quite some time.

Concerning the two latest questions:

1. Wait, wait, wait...that' way too fast for me. What excactly did you do? You inherited a new state from the class AppState and the ExampleApplication? Or did you only use the AppState concept in another application which is basing on the ExampleApplication?

2. timeSinceLastFrame stores the time passed since the last frame was drawn in milliseconds. But as far as I remember, the addTime() method of an AnimationState requires a value in seconds, therefore you have to divide by thousand.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Post Reply