[SOLVED] New to Sydney and looking for work

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Post Reply
User avatar
merlinblack
Goblin
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
x 7
Contact:

[SOLVED] New to Sydney and looking for work

Post by merlinblack »

I wasn't sure if this should go here, or in the recruitment forum, its not particularly Ogrish.

I've just moved from a tiny town of 1500 people in the middle of the South Island New Zealand, to Sydney, Australia. Just a wee change in pace. :wink: New people, new shops, new driving rules, exciting stuff!

I thought there is bound to be someone on the forum that knows of, or has a opening for someone like myself. Not necessarily to do with Ogre3d, or game development (I have little game industry experience), although I am interested in such work. To date I've been mostly doing SQL based tools in various languages, keeping engineers, accountants, technicians, receptionists and admins happy. :) I'm looking for permanent work, but short term is good too.

Have a look at my resume if you like at: http://www.atkinson.gen.nz/resume.php

If you know of something give me a PM!

Thanks peoples!

Nigel
"He'd never realized that, deep down inside, what he really wanted to do was make things go splat."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
Image
User avatar
merlinblack
Goblin
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
x 7
Contact:

Re: [SOLVED] New to Sydney and looking for work

Post by merlinblack »

w00t, I got a job playing with C/C++ on Linux!
"He'd never realized that, deep down inside, what he really wanted to do was make things go splat."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
Image
User avatar
Jabberwocky
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: Canada
x 220
Contact:

Re: [SOLVED] New to Sydney and looking for work

Post by Jabberwocky »

Cool, a lot of people do that sort of thing for fun. :)
Image
Post Reply