compling issues on linux

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
lgoss007
Halfling
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:29 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

compling issues on linux

Post by lgoss007 »

First I just recently started using Ubuntu (which is really nice by the way). However I've run into a few issues compiling OGRE.

First, I got the following error:

Code: Select all

/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libjpeg.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libjpeg.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libOgreMain.la] Error 1
Which isn't a big problem but I just found it interesting because I made sure I had all the dependencies installed, and it isn't listed in the dependencies list as far as I could tell. But maybe this is just a common package on most systems? So I installed libjpeg and now I get these errors compiling:

Code: Select all

 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../OgreMain/include -I../../../PlatformManagers/GLX/include -I../../../RenderSystems/GL/include -I../../../RenderSystems/GL/include/GLX -I../../../OgreMain/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DSHAREDIR=\"/usr/local/share/OGRE\" -g -O2 -MT OgreGLXConfig.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/OgreGLXConfig.Tpo -c OgreGLXConfig.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/OgreGLXConfig.o
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:39:38: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:41:28: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:42:29: X11/StringDefs.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:43:30: X11/Xaw/Command.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:44:27: X11/Xaw/Form.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:45:25: X11/Xaw/Box.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:46:23: X11/Shell.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:47:28: X11/Xaw/Toggle.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:48:32: X11/Xaw/MenuButton.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:49:32: X11/Xaw/SimpleMenu.h: No such file or directory
OgreGLXConfig.cpp:50:28: X11/Xaw/SmeBSB.h: No such file or directory
...
I'm guessing that these are from xfree86? Only problem is that I am running xorg (and I'm hoping I don't need xfree). Also I'm using GLX instead of SDL, but I'm sure you noticed that by now.
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

You need the X development headers too.

Libjpeg is a dependency of devil which is a dependency of Ogre, no direct dependency of Ogre, so you really should have that on your machine (?)
lgoss007
Halfling
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:29 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by lgoss007 »

Ahh, why didn't I think of that. I didn't even think to install the x development headers (wouldn't that be a dependancy for glx or linux?), so thanks. As far as libjpeg and libdevil go... well I had libdevil-dev installed from debian (actually ubuntu), so I looked at the dependencies and it depends on libjpeg... but not libjpeg-dev. So not having the development version made it fail.

I guess those dependencies are pretty common for developers on linux. Though for someone still getting used to linux development it can throw you for a loop. Anyways thanks again.
Post Reply