project update
still working hard... very, very close to the final release now. I have been working on the vehicles a bit, I greatly improved the automatic transmission code today, and I now have a working engine sound system (if a bit simplistic). it makes such a big difference to be able to "drive by ear", based on the engine whine. I also added a quasi-rotational mass system for the engine, which causes the car to slow down when coasting (amount of drag is based on rpm), so you can actually slow the car down by simply downshifting, like in a real car. it's all adjustable, and I'm really happy with the way it's working.
a bit more tweaking and finalizing, and I'll have a full release ready. I've already made a custom config screen and icon for the game
I'll post in the showcase when it's done. shouldn't be too long now, perhaps a week or so.
almost done with my first Ogre game! how exciting
