Page 11 of 18

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:00 pm
by arkeon
Since I use one VS2010 project to compile all the max plugins versions, I had to recompile everything, the longest was the max sdk specific libs.

I doubt that it will work with the ogre standard library, but give it a try :)

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:34 pm
by def87
arkeon wrote:I doubt that it will work with the ogre standard library, but give it a try :)
The folowing worked for me:

Compiled EasyOgreExporter with vs2008 (_SECURE_SCL=1 as default):

- compiled morpher.lib from max 2012 SDK in vs2010 with _SECURE_SCL=1
- using boost_1_55_0_vc9 libraries
- using standard Ogre SDK for vc9

:D

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:54 pm
by arkeon
Great ^^

exporting an object with morpher poses works correctly ?

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm
by def87
log:

Writing Sphere07 mesh binary...
Info: Create Ogre submeshs
Info: create submesh : 0
Loading poses and poses animations...

crash while exporting. :-(

I guess the other 3dsmax libs morpher.lib is linked with use _SECURE_SCL=0...

I will look into a more general way to export "shape animations" such as a wave modifier etc.

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:49 pm
by arkeon
Yes this is the problem I got, that make me recompile everything with _SECURE_SCL=0

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:36 am
by arkeon
def87 wrote:log:

I will look into a more general way to export "shape animations" such as a wave modifier etc.
EOE already export vertex animations from this kind of modifier

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:30 pm
by def87
Ok, I have trouble exporting a vertex animation.
A cube model with wave modifier. The phase is animated with 5 keyframes.
When loading the mesh file my meshinfo returns a "default_morph" pose animation with 1 track and 2 keyframes...

Ogre Meshy viewer does not list any poses...

Any ideas whats going wrong?

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 pm
by arkeon
since wave or other modifier only have some keys for example start / end seed, you should check the "resample animations keys" option in the exporter.
otherwise it will only export the 2 mesh state on the keyframe but without the seed changes.

to name your animation use the time tag (see EOE FAQ)

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:29 pm
by Ixuss
Hi!
I still use 3dMax 8 SP3. Arkeon, how can I make EOE work with 3DMax8 without updating 3DMax to newest versions?

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 pm
by arkeon
Hi !

actually this is not possible to make a quick patch to make it work with Max 8.
there is a lot of Max SDK API break between Max 8 and Max 9.
and it is so old.... :)

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:10 am
by def87
arkeon wrote:since wave or other modifier only have some keys for example start / end seed, you should check the "resample animations keys" option in the exporter.
otherwise it will only export the 2 mesh state on the keyframe but without the seed changes.
Thanks, works great!
Since "resample animations keys" (one sample each frame) is a little too much, I changed the boolean resample parameter to a integer "frame_step".
frame_step = 1 equals your resample and can be used accordingly with GetFullSampledKeys().
For simple linear animations or looping rotations etc. frame_step 25 (in a timeline of 100 frames) works great.
I even added a max custom property to my toolset to define this frame_step per object (optionally).

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 am
by arkeon
good :)

can you make a patch to include this change in the main exporter ?

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 am
by ghiboz
hi all!
I have a question: i'm trying to compile easy ogre export, and i've got some errors in this place of exMesh.cpp

Code: Select all

    //create LOD levels
    //don't do it on small meshs
    if((numVertices > 64) && m_params.generateLOD && !ignoreLOD)
    {
      EasyOgreExporterLog("Info: Generate mesh LOD\n");
      try
      {
        Ogre::LodConfig lodConfig;
        lodConfig.levels.clear();
        lodConfig.mesh = pMesh;
		    lodConfig.strategy = Ogre::DistanceLodStrategy::getSingletonPtr();
i'm using ogre static 1.9.... i've seen that is different the lod system from 1.8

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:33 am
by arkeon
Strange, the last version already use a version of Ogre 1.9 but maybe this has been changed before the Ogre 1.9 release.

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 am
by ghiboz
the error is exactly in this code:

Code: Select all

lodConfig.strategy = Ogre::DistanceLodStrategy::getSingletonPtr();
and the error is:

Code: Select all

Error	1	error C2039: 'getSingletonPtr' : is not a member of 'Ogre::DistanceLodStrategy'

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 am
by arkeon
Yes this have been changed in the last Ogre 1.9 version and EOE is compiled this a previous 1.9 Beta version.
I'll look at this when I'll have time

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 am
by def87
Ogre::DistanceLodStrategy is an abstract base class.
Use DistanceLodBoxStrategy or DistanceLodSphereStrategy instead:

lodConfig.strategy = Ogre::DistanceLodBoxStrategy::getSingletonPtr()

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:40 pm
by ghiboz
def87 wrote:Ogre::DistanceLodStrategy is an abstract base class.
Use DistanceLodBoxStrategy or DistanceLodSphereStrategy instead:

lodConfig.strategy = Ogre::DistanceLodBoxStrategy::getSingletonPtr()
thankyou! I'll try!

a question: if my meshes are used to build a staticGeometry, the lod can be used or not?

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 pm
by arkeon
Hi !

I've corrected the Setup issue, where the Dle files were copied on C:\plugins when the directory were not found.
The max versions check have been enhanced.

https://svn.scolring.org/trunk/setups/c ... EOEMax.exe

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:48 pm
by RigoCL
arkeon wrote:Hi !

I've corrected the Setup issue, where the Dle files were copied on C:\plugins when the directory were not found.
The max versions check have been enhanced.

https://svn.scolring.org/trunk/setups/c ... EOEMax.exe
I have the problem of the C:\plugins dir, but in my case it happens when I have installed Max 9 and 10, just point this out in case this solution doesn't apply to a problem like mine.

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:50 pm
by arkeon
Yes this should resolves your problem too

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 pm
by panzhiyi3
Hi,I have a little problem here:)
Does the exporter use the default world unit setting in 3dsmax? I use default unit setting in 3dsmax,I assume 1 unit in 3dsmax equals 1 unit in Ogre,bug after I export my scene,I got a smaller value than 1 unit,not what I want.I found that Easy Exporter using Meter as default unit? It will convert my 3dsmax scene unit into meter,but I thougt it use my world unit setting.Maybe we can have a combo box here, so that I can determine whether unit to use or even don't convert my unit 8)

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:51 pm
by arkeon
I'll see that, you can add requests here http://redmine.scolring.org/projects/eoe
by now you can set your scene in meter, 1 unit should be exported as 1 Ogre unit

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 am
by panzhiyi3
arkeon wrote:I'll see that, you can add requests here http://redmine.scolring.org/projects/eoe
by now you can set your scene in meter, 1 unit should be exported as 1 Ogre unit
Yes I use meter as default unit for ,my project,but still want a lovely combo box somewhere :lol:

Re: Easy Ogre Exporter for 3DSMAX

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 am
by c6burns
Hi Arkeon, first I must say ... EXCELLENT WORK. There's always a "but" though, isn't there ....

But, I was wondering if this exporter supports keyframed morph anims. I have been trying to export a file with 2 channels in the morph target, both of which are keyframed. Using max 2014 and it results in a crash. I've used EOE for many models with only skeletal animation, this is my first try on anything with a morpher.

Thank you again for your work on this!