Page 4 of 6

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 am
by johnhpus
Thanks for the information. I'm wary of BGH but I hadn't had the chance to ask a cattle farmer about it before.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 am
by Thieum
My apologies to Lady for having suggested to eat her :)

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:37 am
by lonewolff
Funny :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 am
by weshowe
I will dissemble a little on my answer. What I see labelled BGH, used in dairy operations, I know too little to answer about. We produce calves, not milk. While there are obviously dairy operations in Texas (we have famously Blue Bell ice cream made nearby) they aren't any nearby.

There are growth implants for calves, but I am not certain what the active ingredient is. We don't use them, and I don't know anybody that does, although someone must, as they can be bought at the co-op. It is some sort of hormonal product, because it is not labelled for use in heifers (females).

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 pm
by twilight17
I win.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:38 pm
by Kencho
Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:40 pm
by spacegaier
Yoah, that's definitely one of the best!!! Simple, but really cool.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm
by nikki
How about crioto's?

:roll:

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 pm
by nullsquared
Kencho wrote:Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD
Um... Some physics explanation or something? I'm not getting it :roll:

Also, what about my new avatar ? :twisted:

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 pm
by jjp
nullsquared wrote:
Kencho wrote:Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD
Um... Some physics explanation or something? I'm not getting it :roll:
Well, the resistor does absolutely nothing on that picture. It is useless ;)

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 am
by PolyVox
Kencho wrote:Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD
Yep! Made me laugh too!

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 am
by Nauk
PolyVox wrote:
Kencho wrote:Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD
Yep! Made me laugh too!
Definately funny :)

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 am
by Kencho
nullsquared wrote:
Kencho wrote:Saw Anonim's today and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh out loud XDDD
Um... Some physics explanation or something? I'm not getting it :roll:

Also, what about my new avatar ? :twisted:
No current through the circuit, thus no current through the resistance, and thus (the) resistance is useless :D

PS: Your new avatar is cool too. Very nice idea :)

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 am
by nullsquared
Oh now I get it. Not to the extent for a laugh, but at least I understand it :D

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 am
by nikki
A pretty bad way to show a resistor though. At first I thought it was parallels but then there were junction 'dots', so then I assumed its a resistor because he mentioned 'resistance'.

But then again, we're assuming the wires have 0 resistance, which obviously is impossible in real life. If he's showing a 'real life circuit', then probably there's no need of a resistance anyway.

And about the best avatar, anyone remember the 'sinbad April fools' thing? :lol:

BTW, nullsquared, just 2 posts left for a 'cool number' of posts, eh? :wink:

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:48 pm
by psquare
Still laughing at Anonim's!!!

:)

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:35 pm
by nullsquared
Wow, 'sindbad' sure went through a lot of trickery! Posts: in the location, fake location label, fake badge using the avatar, etc., it really made me think it was sinbad :D

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 am
by nullsquared
What do you think of my new avatar? Courtesy of hilarious thread: http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/show ... p?t=597140 (read through all of it, funniest on next pages)

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:35 am
by twilight17
Best:
LMAO Assachu
Gir Pikachu! awesome.
Cartman xD
Adolf Hitchu!
Kirbychu
Bobachu
I lol'd @

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9872 ... kr6gq8.jpg

awesome. http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3361/freemanchunb6.jpg

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:26 am
by JohnJ
My new avatar: F22

Maybe not the "coolest", but it works for me :D

P.S. Lol @ Anonim's avatar, that's now my favorite electronic/computer joke avatar :lol:

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:26 am
by Wretched_Wyx
Mine is an original creation... I know Kencho's is as well. Anybody else do their own avatars from scratch? Copy/pasting, resizing, or basically modifying other art/photos do not count of course.

[edit]
Oh yeah, and Nikki and Nauk of course!
[/edit]

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:45 am
by lonewolff
Mine was done from scratch, too! :D

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:52 pm
by _tommo_
Mine also!
Pencil + photoshop :)

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:31 pm
by lonewolff
Sony DV camera, blue screen, Adode After Effects (trial), LSMaker, and a background image. :D

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:11 am
by DanielSefton
Whipped mine up in Illustrator. :)

@lonewolff - that sounds an awfully complicated process just for an avatar! :wink: