Page 1 of 1

blender dotscene exporter: lamp range problem

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:24 pm
by sphinkie
Hi

When I create a point lamp in blender and export it in a dotscene, (using the dotscene exporter) the range of the lamp on the dotscene is always 5000 whatever I set in the blender editor.

Is that a bug of the exporter, or am I not setting the right parameter ?

thanks.

(note: I am using the last version of everything: bleder 2.40; exporter from the cvs, etc)

Re: blender dotscene exporter: lamp range problem

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:53 pm
by reimpell
sphinkie wrote:When I create a point lamp in blender and export it in a dotscene, (using the dotscene exporter) the range of the lamp on the dotscene is always 5000 whatever I set in the blender editor.
Blender does not have a range setting for "Lamp" lamps, so the exporter uses the Ogre default. Don't confuse "Dist" with a clipping value.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:14 pm
by sphinkie
Yes, dist, this is defined by blender as the distance value at which light intensity is half.

This is not *exactly* the definition of the range in the light attenuation equation, but close, and it could be useful to use it ?

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:33 pm
by reimpell
Attenuation and clipping are completely unrelated concepts.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:25 pm
by sphinkie
So, I guess I have to use a userdata to put light range information in the dotscene file.