Page 1 of 1

Exporting reflective materials from Blender to Ogre

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:47 pm
by foxmulder900
The project I am working on includes a brass sphere that is very shiny and reflects it's surrounding almost like a mirror. I created a very nice material for it in blender by turning up the RayMirror. The blenderRender looks perfect. However when I export it to a mesh and import it into Ogre i lose all of my reflection value and the sphere looks very flat.

I am looking for any suggestions! Thanks!

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:32 pm
by Jerky
It is possible, but you need a shader to do this. Check the forums for nfz's shader viewer for some examples (I cant remember what it is called). I believe you can get an idea from the main Ogre examples as well. I have a copy of nfz's tool; if you cant find it I will host it somewhere for you. I am not sure if nfz has all his hosting/website issues worked out yet.