Page 1 of 1

get a character to fall appart

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:48 pm
by cnexs
Hi all,

I've got this problem, I have this a character 'robot', and when he dies he falls appart.. I've tried to solve it like this.
the animation works fine, but my texture has dissapeared.

some additional info:

I've seperated my robot into pieces like... torso, left arm, left glove, right arm... and so forth.

then I have created one bone for each object. And those bones are driven by a dynamic object to get some nice animations.

I have one shader'with texture' assigned to all objects.

I have tried to assign one shader per object but that doesn't work.

I hope that you understand me :), i've searched the forum and found stuff about submeshes but not really understood them.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:16 pm
by CaseyB
Let me start by saying that I know nothing about shaders, but this is how I'd go about doing it (which may be completely wrong)! I would model each part seperately and then animate a skeleton. Then in code I would attach the parts to the skeleton and upon the robot dying I would detach the peices from the skeleton and used the physics engine to blow them apart.