Page 1 of 1

n00b question: making a fence in Blender

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:57 pm
by __DeletedUser__
Hi!

I want to make a chain-link fence in my game level. Here's the fence texture, with alpha channel:

Image

(I know it's ugly, but it's good enough for testing)

I made the plane for the fence. I want to UV-map it, but if I load this texture to the UV image editor, and I put it to the plane, Blender don't want to use the alpha channel.

Can somebody explain me how can I do that?

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:17 pm
by betajaen
Assuming you've UV mapped and assigned your fence the texture.

- Go into UV Face select mode.
- Select the face you want it to have an alpha.
- Press F9
- Click on the texture face tab (bottom right)
- Click on alpha.