Page 1 of 1
Error while exporting with OgreExporter for 3DSMax
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:40 pm
by Shaoz
I get an error while exporting from 3dsmax7 with OgreExporter, the error says :
Compile Error : end of script not expected
But what does it mean ?
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:13 pm
by BlasterN
Consider ogreExporter obsolete.
Use Ofusion
http://ofusion.inocentric.com
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:25 pm
by jacmoe
Frankly, it isn't obsolete - far from it.
Xavier is doing a binary exporter, and the script based exporter is OK.
Then you have the Octopus max exporter from the YAKE guys.
Since the OGRE Team finally got a free copy of MAX (wee-hee

), we can expect it to be more officially supported.
I am not speaking ill about oFusion - amazing it is!
But sometimes all you need is an exporter.
Re: Error while exporting with OgreExporter for 3DSMax
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:45 pm
by xavier
Shaoz wrote:I get an error while exporting from 3dsmax7 with OgreExporter, the error says :
Compile Error : end of script not expected
But what does it mean ?
You need to provide more context -- when do you get this, what are you trying to export, etc.
You can try the work-in-progress plugin-based exporter Jacmoe mentions:
http://www.clashofsteel.net/xavier/OgreExporter.dle
It gives an ".XML" option in the Export and Export Selected options on the File menu.
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 am
by Shaoz
I'm trying to export a character with 6 animations . . . I select it and configure the exporter to export the anim, then I clic the export button and it says me the error I gave you in my previous message.
Saying the exporter is obsolete is wrong . . . I use it for many other characters and 3d object . . . and that is perfect . . . only one give me this error.
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am
by xavier
Ok, now you are starting to provide the information you should have included in your original post. "It don't work" is hardly enough for anyone to give you much of an answer (beyond what was given).
What is different about this model/scene compared to the other ones that work?