Very basic, but :
1) Matrix4 2 Matrix4 copy constructor
Problem : obvious, and althought [] operator can be used, it's not very clean.
2) Custom transformations on nodes or _updateFromParent virtual on SceneNode
Problem : classes inherited from SceneNode can't use custom transformations
3) A way to get render order of the objects on the tree ( or childs not indexed by name. I think it's more modular to index node childs on the tree on the insertion order and use another table to index by name )
Problem: More consistent with custom XML scene representation systems ( like mine ). The order when iterating over nodes' childs it's different from the one on the XML ( insertion ), and seems confusing to me. It still can be reindexed on the top.
4) Non overlay text rendering
Problem : using bitmap fonts can be necessary without all the overlay stuff ( I don't use them on any part of my program ).
5) Node oriented scissor testing
Problem : basic on any 2D system. Don't wanna cut polys.
6) A real visibility property on the nodes :
Problem : wanna make invisible some parts of my tree, but I don't wanna them to be updated ( ej. transformations ) all the time, because they are simply invisible. If some other updating is needed on non visible nodes, like animations or something like that, it should be handled separately and, in any case, it shouldn't be done if no animations ( or any special handling ) has been used on the tree.
The basic problem of that, is that I need to use removeChild and AddChild to avoid the killing overhead I have when all my tree is processed.
I hope that could help.
See you!
some basic feature requests
-
jorgecabezas
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:01 pm
-
wolverine
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 pm
Light textures, light texture binding.
Dear Ogre Team,
I would like to came up with the following feature request.
Adding an attribute "texture" for lights. It would be really usefull, since our project is using cubic-textures (and in some rare cases volumetric textures) for lights to make arbitrary light shapes and special lights colored by "textures" possible. It would be nice for Ogre to support setting these textures in Light objects and binding them to auto shader parameters in the materials.
I would like to came up with the following feature request.
Adding an attribute "texture" for lights. It would be really usefull, since our project is using cubic-textures (and in some rare cases volumetric textures) for lights to make arbitrary light shapes and special lights colored by "textures" possible. It would be nice for Ogre to support setting these textures in Light objects and binding them to auto shader parameters in the materials.