Page 1 of 6

Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:08 pm
by lonewolff
Who do you think has the coolest avatar in the Ogre community?

I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.

Feel free to post pics of what you think to be the coolest avatar.

Anyone who posts Sinbad's is plain sucking up :lol: :lol:

My current favorites

Image

This one gets disqualified, as it is a gamedev avatar.

Image

Re: Quest for the coolest avatar

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:33 pm
by Kencho
lonewolff wrote:I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.
How does that avatar look like?

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 pm
by jorrit5477
I still have to thank Xavier for pointing me out to a cartoon series I never heard of. Since my girlfriend recognised Stewie, not knowing where it came from though, I asked him where it was from and... I am hooked! :D

If it is the most cool one I can't tell though...

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 pm
by betajaen
I think I should win:

Image

The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 pm
by Kojack
I can't think of many off the top of my head, so I'll agree that the Fonz with a floating cube is the best so far. :)

Normally I change my avatar a lot, but to maintain a consistent personality on here I've kept my first one (Foamy the Squirrel from www.illwillpress.com), plus only 10KB is too small for my usual animated ones.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:51 pm
by lithander
Image

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm
by lonewolff
betajaen wrote:I think I should win:

Image

The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.
I was actually thinking about yours the other day. It is certainly one of my favorites!
Kencho wrote:How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 pm
by syd
there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 pm
by lonewolff
syd wrote:there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)
I know the one. Thats the one with the Yoda speech impediment isn't it? :lol:

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm
by xadhoom
syd wrote:there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one :)
I agree. Its very good :lol:

But I also like the crazy prof of leonardoaraujo.santos. I think its from
back to future isn´t it? Its one of the pics I always have to look at if I read his
posts... ( http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 6f4e2718c6 )

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm
by lonewolff
Ahh yes. This one...

Image

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 pm
by Kencho
That's Gene Wilder at a scene taken from Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks, 1974). One of my all-time favorite movie. A must for laughs :lol::lol:

That avatar has my vote definitely!

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:01 am
by neocryptek
lonewolff wrote:
Kencho wrote:How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)
Sounds a lot like Evolutional's (old) one on GameDev.net:
Image

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:10 am
by lonewolff
Haha! Thats the one :lol:

I thought it was an Ogre one, there you go!

That would make betajaen's one my current favorite in these forums! 8)
The Fonz needs a GUI after all, doesn't he? :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am
by syedhs
los_frijoles: the cute but curious spider:
Image

xavier: I dont know about others, I think the boy kinda spooky to me. But it did make me to search internet for the avatar info immediately.
Image

zeroskill: The same reason as xavier's.
Image

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am
by stoneCold
neocryptek wrote:Image
Maybe not the coolest, but more likely the most creepy one (imho) :shock: :)

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 am
by RedEyeCoder
Commander Keen!

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 am
by lonewolff
I must admit, stoneColds avatar keeps me staring as well. Very eye-catching!

Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:52 am
by stoneCold
lonewolff wrote:Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?
Most likely it is a fan-made composition or even a complete drawing of "Wayne Static", lead singer of "Static-X".
I'm kind of a fan of Wayne and the band and I found the picture once when I googled for a tutorial how to get (my?!) hair to stand up like this. :)

I thought it was the coolest picture I've seen from Wayne so far, and so I simply replaced my good but old coyote avatar by this one :wink:

Here the pic in full size (looks even cooler imho):
Image


[edit]:
I personally like PolyVox's avatar a lot :D
Image

cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm
by Kojack
Hehe, every time I saw your avatar I thought of Static X, but wasn't sure. :)

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 pm
by syd
was just scolling by the avatar I really like from Aquatix :wink:

Image

I've indeed noticed that c++ jobs have gotten kind of rare :lol:

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 pm
by DanielSefton
I think HexiDave's deserves a spot :)

Image

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm
by lonewolff
@syd & DanielSefton - These ones are great too, arn't they? 8)

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:19 pm
by betajaen
HexiDave managed to turn that into a Valve spray icon, it was pretty funny playing CounterStrike and seeing the Ogre logo in the middle of Blue Team's base.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:12 am
by Thieum
Counter Strike has a Blue and a red(?) team now ? :P