Learning to model
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 am
Please don't facepalm on me too quick; I'm sure you get this a lot 
I've always been a programmer on projects with and without ogre, but inevitably, I've acquired an interest in doing projects by myself or with 1 or 2 of my friends. It would be nice to know how to make models, for without them there is no game. I'm looking into using a program like blender (because I'm poor and can't afford anything better) but I don't know what resources to utilize as I try to teach myself. I'm fairly artistically inclined, and I feel like knowledge on how to use the program should be sufficient to get started with very basic models. Are there any online tutorials/resources that I could use to get started? Any and all help appreciated, thank you in advance.
I've always been a programmer on projects with and without ogre, but inevitably, I've acquired an interest in doing projects by myself or with 1 or 2 of my friends. It would be nice to know how to make models, for without them there is no game. I'm looking into using a program like blender (because I'm poor and can't afford anything better) but I don't know what resources to utilize as I try to teach myself. I'm fairly artistically inclined, and I feel like knowledge on how to use the program should be sufficient to get started with very basic models. Are there any online tutorials/resources that I could use to get started? Any and all help appreciated, thank you in advance.