Page 1 of 1
OGRE 3D used with VB.NET 2003
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:13 pm
by Desotron
I'm wondering how I should go about using the engine's compiled dll as a .net dll assembly library so that it can be language interopable.
I'd like to be able to use the engine with either vb.net or c#.net 2003.
Is there a place where I could obtain direction as to what files are nescessary for program execution, as well as what dlls to add as references to my projects?
Also: Please consider releasing a Build version seperate from the source, since not everyone who may use your engine will know how to use VC++ 7.0 as well as someone else.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:20 pm
by Desotron
I think I have found out how to do it:
Add Existing Project
--> Find OgreMain.vcproj in the ogremain/scripts folder
Add Reference ... Projects
--> Add Ogremain as project reference.
I'll post again when I have converted one of the example demos from c++ to vb.net and then begin integrating the ogre project with my extensive game engine which handles sound/input/netcode/console.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:35 pm
by sinbad
You might find it easier to use
Axiom if you're using .Net.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:37 pm
by Desotron
I still don't know how to add it as an import
Usually I would do:
Import OgreMain.Ogre
at the head of my code, but the ogremain project doesn't seem to show up in intellisence.
Is this project set up to be compiled under VS 7.0? Does it create a namespace for use or what?
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:39 pm
by Desotron
sinbad wrote:You might find it easier to use
Axiom if you're using .Net.
Does axium support all the features of ogre?
I'm looking for a C++ implementation of the rendering engine with the backend game code operating using vb.net for programming simplicity sake.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:53 pm
by sinbad
Axiom does tend to lag behind OGRE a little ways, because it's mostly porting what we do so there is an inherent unavoidable lag. To be honest though, I'm completely amazed at how much has been ported, I never thought they'd manage it when the idea was proposed, so kudos to them.
I'm not sure of the current feature status, you'd have to ask leedgitar.
In the end it's up to you, I only mentioned it because since Axiom is already .Net it might have made your passage a bit smoother.